Chapter 40- Peril In Paradise

Andy's Point of View

My ex-girlfriend Juliet Simms stands on my front porch, smiling at me. She's wearing a pair of shorts and a crop top, a bag in her hand.

"Uhhhh, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Didn't I say I was gonna bring over some of the things you left at our place?"

"Your place." I correct and eye the bag.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?"

I scratch my head, debating whether or not it would be a good idea. "I guess go ahead."

I hold the door open and she slides past me, her body brushing against mine. I shut the door and lead her into the living room.

"This place is really nice Andy." Juliet says, taking in the decor. "It's alot bigger than our apartment was."

"I figured the extra space would come in handy. "And it's going to. Sierra's due in a few months."

"Oh right Sierra." Juliet smiles and sits on the couch. "I'd love to meet her sometime."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Isn't it a little weird that we were together for 3 years and I managed to never get pregnant, but six months with Sierra and you've suddenly forgotten what birth control is."

"Sierra and I know how to use birth control." I object.

Juliet glances at a framed picture of Sierra and I, my hands on her once five month pregnant belly, and snorts. "Clearly."

"Can you just give me my stuff and leave? I've got some things to do."

"Like what? Wait for your pregnant little girlfriend to get home and play house?"

"Don't be a bitch." My teeth grind at her insult.

"Come on Andy." She stands and walks toward me. "It's probably been a long time since you've had any attention."

I back away from her and smack against the wall. She presses her body up against me and leans her face close to mine. "Don't deny you don't miss me." She whispers.

Right then the door slams open.

"Hey babe, I forgot my-"

I jerk away from Juliet to find Sierra standing in the doorway, staring at us with wide eyes.

"Oh!" Juliet chirps, pulling away from me and walking towards Sierra, holding out her hand. "You must be Sierra. I'm-"

But her words are cut off as Sierra slaps her straight across the face.

"You are a bitch that is messing with the boyfriend of a pregnant girl. And let me just say that with all these hormones I am not thinking rationally. Now get the fuck out of my house before I stab you with my car keys." Sierra growls, her voice threatening.

Juliet cups her red cheek and scrambles out the door.

"Sierra please," I start but stop when I see the way Sierra looks at me.

"Really Andy...really?" She whispers, her wide brown eyes filling with tears.

"It wasn't at all what it seemed." I rush forward, reaching for her.

"I swear to God if you fucking touch me!" She screams.

I stop in my tracks.

She shakes her head and rushes up the stairs as fast as she can. I follow closely behind her, trying to figure out how to explain this. I find her in our bedroom, sitting on the bed.

"Please Sierra, you have to let me explain."

"GOD ANDY, IN OUR FUCKING HOUSE!" Sierra shouts. "HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON? HAVE YOU BEE SCREWING HER BEHIND MY BACK THE WHOLE TIME?! OR JUST WHEN I GOT TOO PREGNANT TO HAVE SEX?!"

"I haven't screwed anyone! I haven't touched anyone! I haven't so much as looked at another girl since you showed up in my car!"

"THEN WHY THE FUCK WAS THAT BITCH IN OUR HOUSE, PRESSING MY BOYFRIEND AGAINST OUR LIVING ROOM WALL?!"

"I HAD NO IDEA SHE WAS GONNA TRY ANYTHING!" I scream back, balling my fists. "I THOUGHT SHE JUST NEEDED TO GIVE ME SOMETHING!"

"YEAH GIVE YOU HER PLEASURE!"

"SIERRA I SWEAR TO GOD-"

"JUST GET THE FUCK OUT ANDY! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS ROOM AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I clench my teeth and storm out of the room hearing the door slam behind me and Sierra's scream pierce the air. I roar with rage and punch my hand through a wall.

How could this day have gone from wonderful to hell?