Chapter 19

Harry

"I love this song!" Grace pulls me to the dancefloor for the millionth time during the night. I don't know where this girl gets her energy from, but I am getting exhausted from all the dancing we did tonight.

It was the best date I could ask for, and I never thought it would be this good. Grace and I have been dancing for hours, and I was loving having her close to me the entire night. She was an amazing dancer and we were quite a pair together. Some single guys even tried to steal her from me while I went to the toilet for two minutes. They were at our table trying to convince her to dance with one of them, but then I made sure to let them know that Grace was mine.

So here we were again on the dancefloor dancing very close together to a fun song. Grace was looking more beautiful than ever today, her hair was now a little messy from all the dancing and her cheeks had a lovely bright red colour. Probably because of the two beers she had tonight, something tells me that she is not used to drinking, but I am loving this more relaxed side of her. But what made her the most beautiful was the look of happiness she had on her pretty face. As if she didn't have any worries at this moment, it was just her and me having fun. And if I could, I would record this moment just so I could relieve it again in the future.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night out with my girl.

"Are you tired?" She asks me with a bright smile on her lips. The red lipstick was now very faint, maybe due to all the kissing we have been doing tonight. As much as I tried, I could not keep myself from kissing her constantly, it was as if her lips were screaming for me to kiss her.

"A little." I confess. "But we are only leaving when they close." I promise her. Grace told me while we were having diner that Calvin never wanted to go to the dances with her. So I am committed to letting her enjoy this moment as long as she wishes. Besides, I am not ready to let her go just yet. We have been here for hours but they seem too short.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to make unnecessary efforts." Grace puts a more serious expression on her face and I know she is now talking as my nurse, not as my lovely girlfriend.

"I'm positive." I kiss her lips quickly before I pull her closer to me. Even though there is a very fun song playing right now, I am moving my body slowly contrary to the rhythm of the music. All I want is to be next to her, enjoy her company. "Can I tell you something?" I whisper in her ear and she simply nods.

She is resting her head on my shoulder, and her hands are wrapped around my neck, while mines are holding her waist close to me. "I am completely in love with you, Grace."

I have never felt this way for anyone in my life. All the girls I have been with before have been merely distractions, none lasting for more than a couple of weeks. And I never cared too much about it, I wanted to be free and have fun. But Grace makes me want to settle down, and what hurts the most is that we still have a long way before we can finally be together.

We are both going to the fight in this war very soon and just the thought of that makes me want to cry. Now that I finally found someone I love, I have to go away from her for God knows how long. If I already missed her now, and I only spent two days without seeing her, I cannot imagine when we are separated for months. For the first time since the war began, I was actually dreading the day I had to go back because Grace was all I wanted right now.

"Hm... Are you?" Grace lifts her head from my shoulder to face me while I nod. Her beautiful doe eyes staring back at me. "What if I told you that I am completely in love with you too?" I never thought you could develop feelings these strong so quickly, but man I would die for this girl without thinking twice.