Cancelled (Request)

I stepped into the lobby of the small theater, shaking my head. Usually there was a line outside the door when there was a concert.

I walked around for a few seconds, furrowing my eyebrows. I peeked in through a couple doors, not finding anything I wanted to see.

I stepped over to the information desk, my dress (pic to the side) briefly getting caught in the breeze as someone else opened the door.

"Is the concert here?" I asked the man behind the desk, placing my ticket on the desk. He looked at his computer. A blonde guy walked up and stood beside me, and I saw him glance at me out of the corner of my eye. I did the same, seeing the door close as I noticed how cute he was.

"The concert was cancelled for unknown reasons. You should have been notified," he told the two of us. I mashed my lips into a line, going to ask another question just as his phone rang.

"Well, great," the blonde next to me sighed, causing me to look over at him. He rubbed his neck, sliding down the front of the desk to sit down. Before I decided if I would sit next to him or not, I glanced outside at the road to see if any taxis were wandering by in that part of town. None rolled by, so I quietly sat down next to him. I had nothing better to do.

"I've been waiting for this concert for almost a year," he spoke up. I wondered why he felt the need to talk to a complete stranger.

"I know the four guys really well, but I had no idea they'd cancel." I nodded, crossing my legs.

"I was excited because they're just starting to get big," he chuckled. I wondered how nice they were to him and how long he'd known them. I didn't feel it was polite to ask, though.

I took out my phone, searching for the number for the taxi service quickly.

"I was ecstatic to possibly get a chance to meet them," I spoke up. He turned his head, bent over his knees, to look at me.

"They're such an inspiration to me, but I guess I'll just be going home," I sighed sadly, dialing the number.

"No sense in sitting around," he spoke, and I nodded, but I sensed something in his tone of voice has changed.

"I mean, a pretty girl in such a pretty dress shouldn't waste her night," he shrugged, grinning, and I got what he was trying to say.

I cancelled my call for the taxi right as they picked up, zipping my phone rightly back into my wristlet.

He opened the door for me on out way out, and I smiled, hoping my night wouldn't turn out horribly. At first, with the cancellation of the concert, it seemed I would be doomed to old popcorn and a movie I'd seen a million times in my apartment.

The concert may have been cancelled, and I may have cancelled my call, but nothing could cancel out the way I felt that night.

.

.

thanks to QueenHoran_13 for requesting this! Sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

I love you guys! I hope you liked this as well :)

Mel x