Dime (Request)

I had just said to myself that the groceries were too heavy when he walked up to me.

Breathless, he asked me, "Do you have a dime?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, putting my bags down on a bench parallel to the small - town businesses I was strolling, or struggling, past.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out my wallet and quickly finding a dime.

"Here you go," I smiled, wondering to myself why he'd need one. I spotted the payphone a few paces away, nodding to myself.

But he didn't immediately walk over to it after I'd put my wallet back. I heard him speak again.

"I'll bet you this dime that you won't feel it if I kiss you," he smirked at me, and I almost choked on the air we were both breathing.

The whole thing seemed so stupid to me; it was so sudden, it was my dime in the first place, and of course I'd been able to feel him kissing me! But as he continued to smirk at me, his eyebrows raised, flipping the coin in the air repeatedly, I couldn't find a reason that seemed good enough to say no.

I could barely get my answer out before he placed a hand on my shoulder and kissed me. It wasn't much for a kiss; a little rough, a little off - centered, a little desperate.

He let go and my eyes were already open, never having been closed.

Even though it'd been rushed and hardly romantic, I started heating up, my cheeks probably on fire.

"I-I felt that," I spoke, and he grinned bigger than I'd expected.

"Darn," he sighed, snapping his fingers, flipping the dime once more before handing it back to me. "Here's that," he spoke, starting to walk off without warning.

Before I could call him back to put a name to those playful eyes, he spoke again.

"You might want it, anyway." I raised my eyebrows at him that time.

"And why's that?" I wondered, and he shrugged, scratching the back of his head.

"Your kiss is worth a lot more than a dime," he told me, blinking a few times before walking off again.

My heart repeatedly pulsed in my chest, my eyes fixed on him as he walked away.

No one had ever been that open, straightforward, or just plain sweet to me in my entire life. My mind reeled at the fact that the last thing he'd said had been completely serious.

I cleared my voice, watching him turn to look at me again, like I'd expected. I cocked a hip, flipping the dime back into his hand and painting a smirk on my face.

"Wanna bet?"

.

.

thanks to MaryannePayne for requesting! I'm so sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

and this was my idea, but the story came from my dad. he used to do this with girls all the time xD I think that's pretty hilarious and cute, so :)

AND THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR 3 MILLION READS ON NHI THAT'S MINDBLOWING

I LOVE YOU ALL

Melody xx