Pool Party (Request)

I breathed in the warm summer air, having been cooped up in a school for what felt like five years. It was finally summer, and Harry was having a pool party to celebrate.

Louis knocked on the door, glancing at me.

"What bathing suit are you wearing?" he asked, and I glared at him a little, knowing he was just being a protective but annoying older brother.

"If I didn't want to show skin, I'd become a nun," I retorted half-teasingly, and he scoffed at me.

"Just a simple question," he shrugged, and I kinda chuckled.

Harry opened the door, smiling at us and inviting us in. Leading us out back, I looked around at how cool his house was. We were late because of Louis, but that meant we wouldn't have to wait for anyone to arrive.

Greeting everyone, I eyed the pool, seeing Niall walking towards it. I ran and caught up to him quickly. I was good friends with all the guys.

"You getting in?" I asked, seeing him turn to look at me.

"It is a pool party," he chuckled, and I nodded. Dipping one of my toes in the water, I approved.

"Warm," I told him, and he grinned, slipping his shirt off over his head. Niall was always the one I was most drawn to at parties like this. I didn't want to tell him or anyone because Louis would be out for both of our heads, but I let the feelings simmer in my heart. I just loved his carefree attitude that complimented mine so perfectly.

He met my eyes as they jumped off of him, seeing him waiting expectantly as I set my towel down.

I untied the bow on the back of my dress, taking it off over my head. I met his eyes once more, quickly glancing behind him at all those other losers socializing and talking. I'd rather do what the party was named for; get in the pool. The rest of them usually didn't stay in the pool if they got in at all. I was the only one until Niall began to join me.

Niall was really to fun to be around, but I held off on trying to see if he liked me or could. I wanted to still have fun without making things awkward.

On the count of three, we jumped into the pool, laughing as we came back up. We got Liam to join us, and then Louis naturally came, seeing me outnumbered by the other guys in the pool and seeming to panic.

Louis started shouting while I was underwater, making me come back up to see what he was saying so loudly.

"Wanna play truth or dare?" he yelled to all of them outside of the pool. I rolled my eyes.

"Really, Louis? Truth or dare?" I sighed, and he pouted at me.

"Think you're too old for that?" he teased, I raised an eyebrow as he turned back to everyone else.

"Come on! We can all get in the pool," he suggested, and I thought that would kind of fun at least.

One by one, they all jumped in until the pool was pretty full. I leaned against the wall of the pool, seeing Niall a few people away from me. When he glanced at me, I looked away quickly.

The dares were stupid and some involved a lot of splashing, so I began to yawn a little. Swimming always made me tired. When the question got to me, I was so disoriented at the time that I said truth, knowing that when best friend Amanda had picked that she was just left being embarrassed.

"Truth," I let out. My eyes popped open, and I blinked towards Liam who was asking me.

"I mean dare!" I exclaimed, and they all shook their heads.