Accident (Request)

I lifted my hand to shield my eyes from the sunset on the horizon, making sure I didn't trip over someone or something. I was glad I didn't get seasick on that boat. 

My parents had planned a cruise with Niall's parents, and it wasn't long before we found ourselves on the boat. I wasn't upset, but I was a little nervous around Niall. It hadn't always been like that. 

At the beginning on the school year, it was rumored that he liked me. I was strangely flattered, but also a little surprised since I thought he'd found me nothing but annoying. I tried to ignore the rumor, and he denied it with everything he had, but new feelings sparked inside me. I started paying attention to him more, trying to see if he really did like me. In turn, I only came to like me, and he just began to push me away because of the rumors. 

But we were stuck on that cruise together, and I was going to try to make the best of it. At that moment, I was headed to a live concert the crew was putting on. I arrived, standing behind a surprisingly large group of people as the music started up. 

I enjoyed it, knowing my parents had wanted to come, but they had gone to reserve dinner on one of the lower floors. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder a few songs in, turning quickly to find Niall beside me. I watched his lips move, but I could barely hear his voice. 

"What?" I yelled loudly, and he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. I vaguely heard something about his parents when he tried again, but I shook my head. He leaned closer to my ear, but in my surprise and embarrassment, I turned my head that way, too. 

When our lips met for the first time, I didn't know what to to feel anymore, but my confusion was swiftly interrupted. He let go quickly, raising his voice again and trying to tell me what he had been like nothing important had just happened. 

Did he do that on purpose? What's going on?  I screamed to myself, breathing quickly but shaking my head at him once more. I couldn't look at his eyes for more than a half a second anymore. 

He pulled out his phone as my cheeks began to steam, and I pressed my palm to one of them. I tried to force myself to calm down, but now that it'd already happened, I couldn't stop thinking about kissing him. 

He faced the screen towards me, and I read a text from his mom that said we needed to head down to dinner. 

"I'll go first!" he shouted, finally loud enough for me to hear. I gave him a half-nod, watching him walk away and leaving me to explode. 

When I finally convinced myself to walk out, my thoughts were much louder. What had just happened? 

The restaurant was fancy, and I had a good time, but Niall's eyes wouldn't meet mine. I couldn't stop staring at him and waiting to see what his eyes would say, but I didn't get an answer. 

"I'll be right back," I smiled to my mom, standing to use the bathroom. I took a few extra minutes to make sure my lungs were still working, fixing my hair abit in the mirror. 

As I walked out, I saw him walking towards me. With all of my thoughts I guess I found the strength to finally say something out loud. 

"Why did you kiss me?" I wondered, seeing him stop and meet my eyes. He hesitated, giving me some time to pull him behind cover. 

"Sorry, it wasn't on purpose," he shrugged, and I let my already fallen face drop a little more. 

"Oh," I sighed, not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed. I guess he didn't know either.

"If you really hated it that much, then something like that was just an accident," he spoke, making my eyes go a little wide. 

I guess he didn't really consider the kiss to be anything special, I said to myself, feeling my chest rise and fall rapidly. My disappointment evolved quickly as I felt the need to shove his shoulder just a little. 

"Why are you mad?" he wondered, squinting at me. I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"I'm not mad," I mumbled. 

"I think you are," he retorted, and I felt my cheeks burn even brighter. 

"I'm not," I spoke again. "That kind of accident is meaningless. It's the same as if nothing even happened." I felt my heart break as I said it aloud, looking up at him. He stared at me for a few seconds, opening his mouth to speak and making me look away. 

"So it's okay, then," he started, making me unfold my arms at the softer tone of his voice. He inhaled to continue. "If it wasn't an accident?" I dared to look back up at him, surprisingly not as surprised as before when his face was so close to mine once more. When he kissed me for the second time, I knew that I wanted to take the time to enjoy it. I let myself feel him so close to me, but then he pulled away again, cuing me to be embarrassed yet again. 

"You can't deny that means something," he whispered, his eyes staring straight into mine. I fell forward to land my head on his shoulder, sighing out loudly.

"But why do you keep surprising me like this?" I complained a little, maybe being a little too loud. I felt his hand grab my hand that was at my side, trapping it against his palm. 

"This next one won't be a surprise." I rose my head to meet his gaze once more, getting the feeling that he just wanted to have an excuse to kiss me. I wasn't any different, I suppose. 

I noticed as he leaned in to kiss me for the third time that night that each kiss was different, better than the last. It made me want to keep kissing him. But each time he pulled away without letting me indulge for just a little longer. 

I saw a hint of red on him as we backed away to inches, also embarrassed. I reached out to hug him that time, pulling him against me as hard as I could.

"If it's not an accident, then don't deny you like me anymore because I like you," I rushed in a quiet tone. He hugged me back, a little tense against me for a few seconds until he decided to relax. I didn't realize that we'd melted into each other for so long until my mom walked around the corner.

"What are you doing?" she hissed, making the two of us jump away from each other. I opened my mouth to speak, seeing Niall do the same. It was hesitant at first, but we managed to say the same words to her at the same time out of panic.

"It was an accident!"

.

.

thanks to taygrabowski for requesting! I hope you liked it babe! Sorry for the wait! 

this was from that one show again lol i love this show 

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY HOPEFULLY LOL

Mel xxxx