3. Allured 🕷

"And... this is great uncle Wai Yu Kum Nao. He built a west wing of the house." Jiaer said in a cheery but low and raspy voice. His hand delicately outstretched to show a portrait of middle aged man, his head bald and having a patch over his eye. His moving eyes observed Jinyoung like a prey, but Jinyoung stared back challenging.

"Who was he? And for what purpose did he do it?" Jinyoung asked dead serious, half of the day spent in doing his research and following Jiaer around the old house. The screams echoing from the depths of the house were blood freezing, as hair would rose on their napes. The wind going through the cracks was whispering horrifying things into their ears as the stood there.

"Hundred years ago, it is said that this house was asylum. Each room a cage filled with murderers, serial killers, bipolar lunatics, maniacs." Jiaer replied simply, sinister smile over his face as he chuckled darkly, "It was then that they brought Wai Yu Kum Nao in here, I think it was 1914."

Jinyoung listened, writing down the facts and informations. The shivers running up his spine from the cold and terrifying wind that whispered a horrible stories upon his ear. The explosions in background only getting louder, as earthquake shook the ground they stood on.

"Uncle, what can I say about him ... He was a madman of his kind, his murders were juicy, so creative. Complete masterpieces. You see, the story goes way back to 19th century when uncle as a little boy learned the craft from Jack the Ripper."

"He was impressed with the human anatomy, fragility and mortality of the human body. And one of his hobbies was learning about phobias. His belief was, that with enough adrenaline that makes us fight or fly, people can get over their phobias." Jiaer explained little by little, passion seeping through his voice, pride and happiness.

"Mon chère, are you two done already?" The footsteps climbing the stairs interrupted them. Jinyoung snapping his head towards the source, unamazed.

"Cara mia..." Jiaer uttered, wrapping his arm around Yien's tiny waist and pulling him closer to his body. The black haired, dead pale beauty falling on his chest seductively and pressed a kiss upon his husbands lips, "I was telling him about uncle Wai Yu Kum Nao."

"Oh... delightful murderer, passionate scientist..." Yien laughed strangely and really frightening calmly, his black mahogany eyes looking at portrait, "... amazing artist, weren't you dear uncle?"

Jinyoung observed how, in his opinion, delicate figure of Yien Wang moved around. His body light and it was as if Yien was walking on the clouds. Careful, light as feather. He shook his head, "What happened then?"

"He was sent here as a doctor, using poor, little, defensless patients for his experiments. He would first expose the person to his greatest fear..." Yien begain in quiet but clear voice, almost like a ghost creeping around, smile cracking into a mysterious smile "...waiting... till their pulse raised up and heart went pitter-patter... then he would kill them by delightfuly slicing their stomach."

"What did he gain from it?" Jinyoung questioned, his eyes fixated onto Yien. The smile he wore upon his pale face was dealy, lunatic even, but strangely calm. Yien walked over to him, and behind him, his fingertips delicately dancing over the sweater Jinyoung wore as if to scare him.

"Well, dear... He then took their adrenal glands... he ripped them out while they were still alive... they screamed in the terror of their phobias, and the pain that brought a slow but sure death..." Yien whispered against his ear before pulling back with small plain smile, "Isn't that wonderful?"

"Yeah... I guess." Jinyoung shivered, looking over his shoulder as Jiaer walked past him to stand by Yien.

"When World War I started, the asylum closed, and patients were discharged. Although very few were allured by the idea of no more fear, so they stood behind with him, in the secret west wing of the house." Jiaer added, his arm wrapped around Yien.