18 - Running

You hit the ground with a poomf! as your body pushed through the snow

You hit the ground with a poomf! as your body pushed through the snow. "What the FUCK, San?" You yelled. He stuck his head out of the window and made a shh gesture.

You tried to stand, but quickly learned you'd hurt yourself.

You remembered his words; run. And you did. You ran without question. If it was serious enough for San to throw you out of a window, you were sure there'd be reason to flee.You ran away, but not before taking another look at the building.

You could see a person in your room with your door in his hands, holding San by the collar. The person turned their head towards you and you swore you could see their eyes shine around you.

Their eyes were red like fresh blood. They were visible even from the distance away that you were. You turned around before hearing San's blood-churning scream and a bone crack.

You ran as fast as you could, which wasn't very fast with your bum ankle. You weaved through the trees, tripping over a root here and there. As you got into sight of the hunting spot, you heard branches cracking behind you.

"Doll," you heard a chilling voice call behind you. It echoed through the silence of the forest. The only other sound was your intense breathing, and your tears falling from your eyes.

Why are you crying? You thought to yourself. You fucking baby. You're being chased by someone who might've just killed your friend, and you're CRYING?

You pushed yourself further forward, running to where you were told to go. When you finally saw the familiar wooden building, you sighed in relief.

Your joy was short lived. A dark figure appeared in front of you at an inhuman speed, knocking you to the ground. They had long, black hair and bright red eyes. Their cheekbones were sharp as a knife, and their smile was wicked with pointy teeth.

"Going somewhere, Doll?" They said with a sickeningly sweet tone.

You whimpered out of fear before gaining a small burst of confidence. "I'll kill you. You're not scaring me."

"And I have no doubt about it, Doll," they smirked. "But you will fear me in mere seconds, when you watch me as your vision slowly fades and all you feel is the overwhelming pain of me sucking your life from your neck."

You stood up and ran to the side, where you figured you'd give yourself some time. You were wrong. They were faster than you, stronger than you, and bigger than you. You didn't stand a chance.

"Why run? I've already killed that little boyfriend of yours. He tried to save you, so I decided to have an appetizer. My friends are currently doing the same with the rest of your gang," they teased, dragging a finger along your jaw.

You'd never heard of primal instincts being used to refer to a human before, but if you had to describe what took over you for a split second you'd say those words. Your body heated up, and suddenly the idea of having this person's blood on your hands was almost... welcomed. They looked you into your eyes and you could feel your body crave for their pain.

"Y/N!" You heard someone yell. You spun your head to the side and watched as Yeosang appeared in front of you. He pushed you behind him before he caught a glance of your eyes.

Gold?

In your bubble, gold wasn't a normal eye color. In Yeosang's world, it wasn't either. Your eye color usually revealed your status.

Yellow defined Alphas, or the ones who would take charge. Red defined future Alphas, or young Alphas. Green showed Betas, or those who were like the protectors and loyal followers of the Alpha. Blue eyes defined Omegas, the punching bags of the hierarchy. Of course, they weren't used that way anymore, but they are of the less confrontational kind.

The eye colors differ for each family, much like the case of Yunho's purple Omega eyes. However, Yeosang had never heard of gold eyes. He was told a rumour that there was a family of golden-eyed wolves who drank blood like wine, but they were supposed to have been dead decades ago.

Parents had used the Kami family as a scare tactic ever since their death. Yeosang had experienced this. His mom always told him to stay close, or else the Kamis would rise as full vampires and hunt him down. He had shunned the thought of wolves being vampires for a long time, but here you were. With long teeth and a small growl.

"Lay a hand on her and I'll kill your entire bloodline," he protectively said and bared his teeth. Your entire body shifted back to normal, and it was as if the wind has been knocked out of you.

What happened?

The person sensed you were weakening and took their chance. They lunged forward, charging at you. Yeosang's body was replaced by that of a wolf with tatters of his clothes on it.

You gasped as the beast bit into the monster with red eyes and threw it around. You turned and ran further away, back to the wooden shelter you were told to run to. You slammed the door open and bolted it shut with all five locks.

You curled up behind the door, and cried again. Your entire body was spent from whatever the fuck happened back there.

Within minutes, you heard heavy panting. A wolf made its way to the window and sniffed. It reached it's snout into the wooden room to sniff you, but you flinched away and put your hands over your face to protect yourself.

Yeosang felt his heart shatter at the sight. You were scared of him. You were looking at him like he was a monster rather than your friend.

You opened your eyes when you didn't feel your body being mangled. Their eyes were a bright green, but their soft gaze was too familiar. "'S-'Sangie?" You asked warily and looked at the beast as it nodded.

He tried to bring his nose closer to you to nuzzle it, but you shyed away. "P-Please don't come any closer!" You shouted and held an unloaded gun in defense.

He felt his heart gain another crack. You were still scared. He barked, "Stay here," before pulling his head out and running away.

Once you were sure he was gone, you ran out of the shelter and to a shortcut to the road you'd rode down to get to the camp.

You pushed yourself as far forward as you could before your ankle gave out on you, which landed you just in front of a bus stop.

The bus pulled up an hour later, and the bus driver helped you on out of pity for your ankle. You looked out of the window with tear-covered cheeks as you heard a distant howl behind you.