12 - Sleepyhead

He turned around to face the stairs, his cheeks a light pink

He turned around to face the stairs, his cheeks a light pink. You were left in awe. Did he really just say that? Shy Yeosang, who had just started talking to you at San's home?

Yeosang had to rub his cheeks to hide his blush. "What was that all about?" Yunho asked as he sat back down.

Yeosang breathed deeply to stop himself from getting flustered any further. "I showed her how to close the vent," he said and clapped his hands. "Now let's eat!"

You walked down the stairs, not fully recovered from both of your encounters that night. You sat down with a 'sorry' and quickly ate. The boys carried on the rest of their night, with a few innuendos here and there.

When you stood up to collect the dishes, the boys were still happily chatting about anything and everything. "So, tomorrow we're going hunting for the barbeque that night. Wooyoung, I believe Soobin and his boys are coming tomorrow as well," Hongjoong announced.

Wooyoung's eyes got an excited shine in them, and he sat up straighter. "Really? Yeonjun is coming?" He asked with a squeak. Hongjoong nodded and laughed, which caused Wooyoung to quickly excuse himself from the table to clean up.

Jongho sighed, "I still can't believe they're our family."

You accidentally put the plates into the wrong cabinet as he had said that. "Just how many are related?" You asked from the kitchen, lathering soap onto a rag.

"Only two," Seonghwa waved dismissively. "But it's because they're our daddies." Ignoring your sigh of relief, stare, then wheeze, he continued to wipe down the table.

Mingi smiled with his sweet eye-smile before standing up to wash dishes with you. "After we met Soobin, we decided to take them under our wing," he explained, grabbing a dish from the sink and scrubbing it gently. "Now we joke that they're our sons. They're like our long lost family, we love 'em to death."

That's so sweet, you thought to yourself. You, sadly, didn't know many of your family members. Since you'd moved out of the region your parents were from at a young age, you'd only been there long enough to know your father's sister had two sons. That was the only one you met, since he was about your age.

You were, in fact, in slight touch with him. You would be able to pick him out from a group of people, but you didn't talk often.

"Y/N? Earth to Y/N?" Mingi waved his hand in front of your face quickly, "You zoned out there, I got worried for a second!" Then he lightly laughed before taking the plate out of your hand and drying it. "All done! Have a good night, Y/N. And, please, lock your door."

You mumbled an 'okay' before turning to wipe down the countertop. You were a clean-freak. It had to be done by someone.

Lock my door? Why? You thought as you walked back to your room

Lock my door? Why? You thought as you walked back to your room. Maybe they're sleepwalkers.

You, of course, didn't listen because you were stubborn and skeptical as hell. If you didn't have the reason, you would not do it. You quickly removed your penguin socks before shutting the lights off and hopping into bed.

You scrolled through various social medias until it was about eleven o'clock. Then, you decided to close your eyes and sleep. It was so peaceful. You could see the scene unfolding in your dreams, it was so beautifully addictive to you.

You were playing in the snow, and you could hear the cheerful giggles of children around you. "Momma!" A young girl with a black ponytail yelled and ran towards you with a hug. She had the biggest smile on her face, and had snow in her hair.

You caught her and held her up, wiping a snowflake off her nose. "Me too, Momma!" A small boy shouted and came barrelling towards you as well, but was caught by someone else.

You couldn't see their face, it was just a cloud of pink. But they seemed so nice. They had no voice, either. It was like your imagination couldn't decide who it was. "Dad!" He whined, trying to come towards you.

Then everything got darker, and darker, until your eyes were open.

There was a soft creak of the door, and it revealed a man with disheveled hair and sleep clothes. "Y/N," they said with a sleepy voice.

You hummed in response, wondering who it was. "I had a nightmare," San said, "multiple, actually. Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Desperate to get back to your Dreamland, you simply nodded before laying back down. The mattress sinking beside you was an indication that he was climbing into bed.

"I hope you have better dreams, San."

"Me too," he sheepishly said before getting under the blanket and wrapping his arms around you.

Your eyes shot open at the feeling of his arms on your waist and his breath on the back of his neck. "What the fuck are you doing?" You whisper-yelled at him.

He faked a few snores before hearing your giggle, and giggling a bit himself. "I can sleep with my arms behind my back, but I just naturally hold things to sleep."

"Well, if it's natural then I guess I can't stop you," you gave in, hearing his smile. He pulled you closer until you felt his nose on the back of your neck and the outline of his chest on your back.

His sleep voice could be heard again, "You should use this body wash forever."

"Then go smell Jongho," you joked. You two ended up talking a little more, with a few jokes here and there. It was just small sentences and responses, but it made your eyes shut happily.

San was relaxed. You could tell. Sadly, he decided to not tell you what his nightmares included. It was more of you and other men, some from the same pack, some from others. It was also the wolf from earlier, and what would have happened had you and Yeosang not been saved. He might be jealous of his friend's encounters with you, but he still loved him. It's how wolves worked.

Only when you felt his breathing even out and remain consistent did you whisper, "Goodnight, sleepyhead."