23 - Straight Pranks

San's eyes shot open, a cold sweat dripping down his neck as the feeling of terror took over his mind again

San's eyes shot open, a cold sweat dripping down his neck as the feeling of terror took over his mind again. He was immediately blinded by the light on his room's ceiling. His body was covered by a blanket that wasn't his. Had he passed out?

No, he reminded himself, you didn't pass out. You chickened out.

He slapped his hands over his face and groaned before turning over into his pillow and called himself names. "Stupid! Idiot! Pussy! What are you so scared of?" He shouted at himself.

His roommate, Wooyoung, snickered. "San, what's wrong? Did you hit your head when we brught you in?" He asked after calming himself down. San turned to the side to see his former pet wearing a button-down yellow shirt and jeans, accompanied by false silver earrings. Wooyoung's hair was parted around his face cutely while he read a book.

"What happened? And why are you reading a book?"

Wooyoung cocked an eyebrow. "You don't remember?" San shook his head. "Well, none of us know what happened, honestly. You were outside with Y/N, and she came running in, dragging you over her shoulder. Said you passed out all of a sudden, and now here you are," he marked his place in the book with a 3D bookmark that showed a Corgi next to a Pomeranian.

San's face softened at the sight of Wooyoung still holding on to anything he could that reminded him of his old friends.

"I'm reading a comic book because Hongjoong hyung says I need to start putting pictures to words when I read and write so I can describe things better to everyone. Also, because this comic book is about to be turned into a movie series," He smiled and showed San the cover.

"When Dogs Die" was the title. It was an oddly somber book, even for Wooyoung.

"I... I passed out? Did I say anything before?"

"Not that we know of. Y/N said you just said her name before collapsing and crying and then passing out."

San rose to his feet and ran out the room without another word. He needed to see you. He needed to tell you how he felt, before it was too late.

He needed you to know he loved you, whether you felt the same or not. It was the only thing he wanted- no, needed to do before he left the pack.

 It was the only thing he wanted- no, needed to do before he left the pack