26 - Memories

You reached for the carton of apple juice, as you had so many times before in the early morning. Your sleep was often disturbed by the feeling of someone watching you.

Reaching upwards for a glass, your fingers brushed against another hand. You backed up with a gasp, hitting a firm and warm surface immediately.

"Did I startle you?" A gravelly voice whispered near your ear. "I was going to grab a glass for you since this shirt doesn't do much to cover you," San continued, his warm breath caressing the shell of your ear.

It sent shivers down your spine.

While the two of you were against each other (accidentally), he had left some room between you two before you backed into him. San wasn't normally pushy with you unless he was jealous, even then he knew not to step over the line.

You could feel his breath shaking the entire time you were against him. You spun around from between his arms.

His eyes weren't the normal dark they had been every other time you'd seen them. You couldn't tell what, but something was different.

"Um, thanks, I guess," you blushed and watched as he gently pushed your hand away. Grabbing the glass and opening the carton, he poured your juice for you and backed away to set it at the coffee table next to a loveseat.

He gave a grand gesture to the cushions and smiled. "Sit, your legs are so small that I'm sure they'd hurt having to hold your big head up."

Instant record scratch.

You had to pause the thoughts in your brain. The blush on your cheeks vanished. Your jaw hung open while he stifled a laugh.

You just looked so cute to him when you were confused, he couldn't help it.

"Excuse me?" You asked.

He put a hand over his mouth to muffle the sound of his laughter. "For that big brain of yours, of course!"

He wasn't helping his case.

You reached up, grabbing the drawstrings of his sweatpants and pulling him towards your now seated figure. The pull caused him to fall forward en route to you, but you were able to dodge him.

You held him beneath you, your hands wrapped around his forearms as the two of you fought playfully. He held back, of course. He's a wolf, he could easily push you off of him - if he wanted to. He certainly didn't want this to end, though.

Your body heat mixed with his, his scent rubbing onto your skin the more he held you.

At one point in the fight, you had smirked at him and whispered, "I guess I'm stronger than you. I'm still on top." It flipped a switch in his head.

He gripped your hip with one hand and slid the other behind your head as he flipped the two of you. Suddenly, you were beneath him and the dynamic had done a complete 180. You felt like a prey as it was being hunt down by it's worst predator.

Something about San gave you shivers down your spine, but you had no clue whether they were good or bad.

He lowered his head to your ear, letting warm breaths caress the most sensitive part of your ear. He gave a throaty laugh.

His hands were still beside your head and on your hips, his grip inescapable. You felt his lips move downwards to the sweet spot on your neck, the same damned smirk as before over it.

"It's taking all of my strength not to make this pretty little neck full of bites and bruises. So, I'll ask you: Still think you'd be on top?"

You almost couldn't believe he had said that. It seemed even less realistic when, suddenly, he was across the room, walking to the stairs.

You sat up, not understanding what had just happened. It sure felt like he was on top of you. But there was no way he'd have been able to move that fast, wolf or not.

"San," you weakly called out. He stopped in his tracks, turning his head to the side. "What just happened?"

"Your wildest dream. I made it come true in your memories."

<><><>

You sat in your room, wondering what he'd meant by that. Memories? Does that mean he did it and I remember it?

Or does it mean... He made me see something that didn't happen?

You looked up at your hands at the horrible realization. They can fuck with your mind.

They. Can. Fuck. With. Your. MIND.

You were about to let a scream rip from your throat when you saw it in front of you:

A blinking, red light.