Chapter 8

MEI'S POV

After parting ways with Yuzu, I walked into the council president office. Everyone was there Himeko, Sara, Maruta, Mitsuko except Matsuri. She could be with her friends.

I had to tell them about the kiss or the kisses. I really don't think they will be pleased, but I had to tell them.

I walked to my chair and sat there and everyone else took their seats. They all knew by my expression that something was up. These people had been with me for a very long time.

"Mei-Mei are you alright?" Himeko asked as she slide the glass of water in my direction. I picked it and chugged the water in one go.

"I have something to tell all of you" I said and everyone's expression changed. They knew something bad was coming.
Here goes nothing.

"I kissed Yuzu last night" I told them. There it go. Now it's out. All colours were drained from their faces. Worry, confusion, fear and lastly anger. After a moment of silence.

"How could you do that?" Mitsuko was the first one to explode. "Are you forget about the plan?" Sara was also angry.
"Did your father know about this?" Maruta asked. 

"Hey guys let her explain what really happened last night" finally Himeko came to my rescue. Just like that I spilled everything from nightmare to story and story to kiss. Everything.

"I really didn't knew what to do in that moment. It was my fault that Shimon is dead and you all know how much hurt Yuzu was bcoz of her death. So my heart won and I kissed her" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"It's alright Mei and we are sorry for explode on you like that" Sara said as she gave me tissue.

"I think it will be right if this conversation stay between us. Don't tell my father and especially Morningstar. She will be devestating and I really don't want to cause any scenes in here" I explained.

They all agreed. After that the day pass by in a blur. And now here I am in my room reading a novel and waiting on Yuzu. Himeko told me earlier that Yuzu was doing her activities. I was a little mad at Himeko for giving Yuzu outside task but Mitsuko told me that I am act like a possessive mother so it's alright.

I heard the door opened and close. I placed my book down and smile when I saw Yuzu. But she just stand there doing nothing.

"Yuzu are you alright?" I asked worried.
"We need to talk Mei" that's all what she said. And in that moment I knew what was coming.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked pretty oblivious to everything.
"What we are Mei?" She asked as she sat across from me.
"....Um I really don't think about this Yuzu" I told her the truth. I haven't think about it really.
"But we kissed and I like you Mei" she said and scooted a little closer.
"I like you too Yuzu but I'm not ready for anything. It was like a weak moment. I'm not saying that I don't like it. But I need time to think about everything" I explained patiently.

I saw that Yuzu was sad but covered her emotions by a smile on her face. I feel really bad for saying something like that to her. How I wish I can just kiss her, hug her and made love to her whenever we want. But we have more things coming in our way.

"It's alright I understand. And I respect your decisions and we are friends so yeah" she said as a tear slip down her eyes.

I scooted closer and wiped her years with my thumbs and kissed her forehead and hug her. "I'm sorry Yuzu bit this is for the best" at that point my voice was also break a little.

We just sat there in each other's arms for some time. After Yuzu was normal she break from our embrace.

"Can we just watch a movie and eat pizza and junk food and cuddle please" she asked and I can't say no to her so I gave in. This was the last I do for her.