An Unexpected Rebound

Start from the beginning

Izuku almost tripped on his feet at his unexpected words. Was Kacchan a mind reader? How did he know that the Omega was going to climb the wall and get in through the window? Geez...

Lately, Izuku was starting to realize that Kacchan was getting better at understanding him. There were plenty of instances where with just an expression in his eyes or a small gesture, he knew exactly what Izuku was thinking about and wanted to do in the next second.

Five minutes later, after Bakugou disabled the alarms, Izuku climbed a ladder and entered Katsumi's room without a hitch. As soon as the ash-blond pup saw him, he threw himself into the greenette's arms with his eyes full of tears. His little expression was indescribably aggrieved, sniffling and letting out little hiccups. Just now, when there had suddenly been no answer outside his room, he had thought that Izuku really didn't want him anymore...

Izuku felt his heartache as he held the pup close, "Honey, don't worry, I'm always on your side! It's just that, this time I really think you should go. Think about it, your grandparents only have you as their precious grandson, and they clearly miss you very much and want to shower you with love all the time, but they respect your boundaries and don't dare to force you into doing anything you don't want..."

Katsumi dropped his head, taking comfort in Izuku's presence. After a long while, once he had calmed down, he picked up his whiteboard and wrote one word: [Together]

Meaning that he wanted Izuku to go together with him. Understanding Katsumi's request, Izuku coughed softly in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, Katsumi, but I can't do that..."

How could he go and meet Bakugou Katsuki's parents at such a time! It would definitely send off all the wrong signals, Izuku was sure!

But seeing that Katsumi was about to start crying again, he hurriedly explained: "B-Because I'm going to start working soon, and I'm afraid that I won't have time from being so busy!"

Izuku continued to coax him, offering a compromise instead, "But I can go with your dad to send you off together! Be good, okay? After all, Katsumi is all grown up already, a five-year-old little man, and you've made such great progress recently. You're getting better and better, and even more amazing! That's why you can definitely do an easy thing like this for me, right?"

He held Katsumi lovingly, and generously showered him with scenting and affection as he cajoled the pup for over an hour before Katsumi finally gave in.

~*~

The old Bakugou residence stood halfway up a mountain, and occupied a large area of hills and forests. It took over twenty minutes to drive from the front gate to the house. With lush trees, flowering bushes, and rolling hills of green on both sides of the intricately paved road, the scenery was incredibly stunning.

Through the window, Izuku could see the two Bakugou elders already waiting at the door, their faces full of excited anticipation, and seemingly no different than normal grandparents who loved to dote on their grandson. He patted the pup in his arms reassuringly.

"Go on, Katsumi! Don't forget what I told you, okay? Ganbatte!"

Looking at the encouragement and hopeful expectation in Izuku's eyes, Katsumi nodded his head obediently, and Bakugou took him out of the car. With every step the pup took, he would turn his head to look back at Izuku.

When they finally saw their grandson, the two Bakugou elders looked overjoyed and hurried over to welcome him half-way. Mitsuki was so pleased that her eyes were slightly wet, but she didn't forget to grumble at her son: "Brat, we waited so many months without seeing Katsumi! After all this time, you still don't have a mate to show for it, eh?"