I Feel Like A Low-Grade Thief Who Couldn't Manage A Real Job.

That morning when I woke up, Kurt was already gone. We were all excited for him as it was his interview for an internship at VOGUE. Com! We're all hoping he gets it. But in the meantime, I have to get to class.

I take the subway to NYADA and walk in. It was an exciting day. Even though I have dance 101 with Miss. Cassie July, I also have advanced ballet, pointe, jazz, and hip hop. My class today: ballet. As much as point is my favorite form of dance, ballet is extremely similar and just as good.

For the most part, I was loving NYADA. I was learning Art and dance history, new forms and styles and moves of dance. There was so much to learn about the dance world and I wanted to know everything. Yes, I missed my dad and Jesse, and all my friends from back in LA; but I need to be here. I'm glad I'm here.

I throw open the door to the building and start up the steps to the hall that will lead me to my class.

"Hey, Madelaine!" A gruff voice calls out. I stop and look behind me. Calum comes rushing up the steps in a tight tang top and leggings. I look down at his attire.

"Jazz class?" I guess, based off said attire. He looks down before chuckling.

"Yeah. It's a passion of mine." He admits shamelessly. I nod in appreciation.

"Cool, very cool. So what's up?" I ask, eyeing the hall I have to go down. Calum starts walking, startled a bit, I falter in following him. We start walking up the stairs as he tries to say something.

"W-well. You see I was noticing how well we dance together. I mean, we have some chemistry," He chuckles awkwardly, not even managing to make eye-contact. I look at him wearily, wondering where this was going... "So I thought maybe we could take this chemistry outside of the classroom?" He asks, finally managing to look over at me.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" I ask slowly. We finally reach the hall I'm meant to go down, Calum just follows.

"Well I was wondering if I could take you out sometime. Get to know one another and see if this can be a thing." He suggests, an admittedly charming smile resting on his face as he says it. I instantly stop.

"Oh." I say. He look down at me and his smile starts to fade.

"Oh?"

"Oh as in: oh I have a boyfriend and I don't know how to tell it to you gently." I say slowly. No smile remains on poor Calum's face.

"Oh." He says. I wince slightly.

"Listen, you seem like a sweet guy and yes you do have the face and body of an angel, but I have a boyfriend I care a lot about. I couldn't do that to him, you, or me. So, I'm sorry, but I hope we can still be dance partners." I offer, holding out my hand. Poor Calum looks down at the ground for awhile. When he meets my gaze, his eyes hold a sadness to them but a soft smile is on his face.

"Friends?" He offers in return, holding out his own hand with a brow raised in anticipation. I smile and shake his hand.

"Friends," I assure. After we shake on it, I let go and take a step back. "Look, I gotta go to class. I'll see you in July's class, alright?" I say as I take steps towards ballet. Calum nods.

"See you then."

Calum was still looking at me when I turned around to walk into ballet. I didn't look back because I didn't want to see the expression on his face. When I walk into ballet I see Rachel standing there awkwardly. Thankfully not dressed as a street worker anymore. I rush over to her with a giddy smile on my face, all thoughts of Calum gone as I enter the studio.

"Come on, come on, come on." I say as I throw my bag alongside the wall before dragging Rachel to the barre.

"Woah, what are we doing?" Rachel asks. I can tell my face has brightened.