Chapter 8

I groan and roll over so that I'm lying on my front; I have an outstanding headache with an extremely sore neck. There is a loud rustle and the sound of a scraping chair before two large, warm hands land on my back, I feel tingles under where the hands are on my shoulders and it feels as if someone has just tugged on a string that is attached to my heart , is that normal? I shake it off with a grunt and continue to lay face down, my head between two pillows or in the crease of two pillows so that I don't smother myself. I feel breath fanning my right ear before the most beautiful smell hits me; it's like a tidal wave. I'm dragged under and I can't resurface. I lift my head slightly to take in a bigger whiff out it. I sigh it is the best smell in the world.

"Are you okay baby?" Who's that? And why did they just call me baby? In that deep lustrous voice that every man would die for and the voice that makes women faint after hearing it. In fact it sounds exactly the same as the voice that growled mate to me yesterday. Sh!t. My memories of previous times come back to me as if someone has just thrown a brick at my face.

I turn and jolt up swatting the hands and face that were near me a few seconds ago. With my eyes still closed and my hands still swatting I move my head to the side but I let out a scream of pain when I move my neck. The hands wrap themselves around my upper arms preventing my movement and pin me to the bed. I thrash around with my eyes still shut and shout out for Phoebe, whilst doing this I try to prevent moving my neck too vigorously as it caused massive amounts of pain before. "Stop! Stop it please! I don't want to hurt you!" The voice keeps repeating and I keep struggling.

However the hands were too strong, they hadn't moved an inch and I was still being pinned down so I did what he said, I stopped moving. I relaxed my muscles and held my breath going limp in the hands that were holding me.

"No, no, no" the deep voice from above me mutters, his hands fumble around my neck before finding my vein and pressing his fingers. I take in a small breath as I was about to pass out, I do this a few more times making sure I did it quietly and without noticeably moving my chest. He lets out a short sigh of relief when he finds my heartbeat, but his hands shake when it starts to slow down.

"No! You're not allowed to leave me! I've just met you...I've just met you..." his voice trails off as he buries is face in the crook of my neck. He suddenly jerks up and yells "No!" before his weight leaves the bed and I hear a door slam.

I take long, deep gasping breaths to make up for the air I lost before opening my eyes and looking around. I'm in a room with white celling and floor with four grey walls surrounding me, I gasp, it's huge! I'm led down on a king sized bed with a white bed sheet and a black duvet cover. I sit up and look down at the pillows, there are two on each side, a black pillow underneath and white one on top. I quickly clamber out from under the duvet and on to the plush black rug that the bed is sat on.

I inhale deeply through my nose the amazing scent form earlier is all over this room, I quickly pull myself together and run to the door, past a grey armchair that matches the wall colour and a wooden desk full of paper and a closed black laptop in the middle of it. A set or four drawers stood on either side of the desk each had a load of random stuff on top of it. There was another built in book case, like the ones in the study and a wardrobe with three mirrored doors. There is a large window seat on which a white bench cushion and small black cushions are placed on top of it.

I stop in front of the mirrored doors and stare at myself. My hair is no longer a light brown but a dark brown, so dark in fact that it looks black. It is full of dirt and grime as I don't get to clean often. I'm no longer in my clothes but in a big baggy top and some boxer shorts. Who the f*ck changed me?! I sigh and pull my hair together before flicking it over my shoulder. It has grown down to just below my bra strap and is full of split and dead ends. I wince when my hand brushes my neck. I gasp and move closer to the mirror. There are two punctures on my vein, I scream out before quickly covering my mouth with my hand. The two punctures look like scars, how did this happen? Why did this happen? I run my hand along my neck, there isn't a bump of an indent like there normally is with scars just two lighter spots on my skin.