Chapter 3

My thoughts are foggy and clouded. I groan and roll over pushing my head in to the dirt. My massive wolfs head. Ahh! I shout and shoot up. Or at least I try to. My paws are tied together, and I stood up too fast. All the blood fell out of my skull. I fall back to the floor. I laugh to myself, imagining a cartoon skeleton with blood falling out its head and becoming paler than it already is. I chuckle out loud, but it comes out in short huffs. Wait I'm a wolf? THAT WASN'T A DREAM? I start to panic. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WEREWOLVES F*CKING EXISTED!? HOW CAN I BE ONE? I feel an extra presence in the back of my mind. Like someone is putting pressure on the back of my skull. I chuckle again thinking about the previous skull image.

I grunt as I try to manoeuvre my paws out of the rope that binds them together. I just don't understand how this could have happened. I was walking through the woods like any normal person would, when suddenly I turn into a f*cking wolf! A wolf of all the things on this massive ass planet -but, I guess being a wolf isn't that bad. Then ma and pa had to go and show up to ruin my day even further. I grumble to myself, before my thoughts are interrupted...

"Tania, Tania, Tania." Someone 'tut's from behind me. I roll over exposing my stomach for a second before I'm on my side once again facing the culprit. Mother.

I always thought she was the nicer one, but I guess not. It must have been building up over the years ready to explode. Like a jelly baby. This one time when I was a child, I put a jelly baby in the microwave. It screamed! It was the best thing ever! I thought it was so funny, but then it exploded all over the inside of the microwave so I had to spend the next hour cleaning it. It was really, really hard to get of the sides. I laugh reminiscing in the memory. Then I remember what's happening in the present and I control my thoughts somewhat. Now is not the time for that. I scold. I look around recognising my garden. How did I get here? I think. I huff looking for dad but he is nowhere in sight. I huff again, where could he be? He was always around when there was trouble brewing.

"Shift back!" orders a loud over powering voice. I feel my wolf whimper in my head and expose its neck. What's that about? I think to myself. Wait. I have a wolf. In my head. I have a wolf in my head! That so fricking cool! I shout to no one. I'm a wolf! I howl in to the sky.

But what if I can't change back? I suddenly start to panic. What if I'm like this forever? I start to hyperventilate; I'm never going to be my normal human self again. I don't even know what I look like! I cry out whimpering. Well, of course I know I mean we have mirrors around the house, but the ones I look in are all cracked and broken. Apparently if I look in to a nice, clear mirror it will break because of how horrible my reflection is. I've only seen myself in shards of the mirrors, in pictures or my reflection in glass.

I hear an angry sigh coming out of mum's red, glossed up mouth. I feel her gaze burning holes into my fur or skin or whatever. My eyes flicker up to meet hers and I instantly regret it. Her cold, un-wavering eyes are locked to mine.

"Shift back." She states again. I cower back and whimper at the power that laces her voice. I huff a sigh and look at her with pleading eyes, if I could I would. Tell me how! I shout to her. Maybe if I say it loud enough she will hear me! I think stupidly to myself. If I had hands I would be smacking my forehead. Of course that won't happen, it's not like she can read minds or anything I grumble angrily. I'm such a fool.

She sighs again but it's softer this time. "Just imagine yourself on two legs, with your short pixie cut hair, light brown colour like mine. Your little button nose, that isn't so little and your dull green eyes." Her tone gets harsher towards then end.

I grumble to myself, she was the one that created me! It's not my fault I ended up like this. I'm sorry to be a disappointment, mother. I say to her in my mind. I shut my eyes lids and do as she says. I imagine my short legs and wide feet. My small waist and my overly pointy hips. I'm literally all bone. I hate it, too skinny. Then my spaghetti like arms and small shoulders. After that my face. My pale ghost like face. My dull, lifeless eyes like mum said and my short hair. It gets cut with a knife. They just shear it off.