2

•The ball pt. 2•

POV: 3rd Person

The evening has finally arrived. Many anxiously waiting to meet the head of the L/N manor. Many people have seen Ms. L/N but didn't realize it was her, as many have never got a face to the household name. Although, the few lucky mortals have been blessed to see her basking in all her glory. Some say she's an angel, a true blessing from heaven. With high cheekbones drawing your eyes to the bone structure underlying its gentleness, and her skin like silk over glass radiating an intelligent beauty.

But with this beauty came a power that no one could rival, for she had perfected it. That was the art of seduction. With her angelic looks and piercing gaze, it was all too simple. It would only be mere seconds before her new target would do anything to please her. But these situations usually ended in the death of one foolish, unfortunate individual.

«————————//————————»

POV: 3rd person

Everyone slowly filled up the grand hall of the manor. Classical music playing, filling everyone with a sense of serenity, as though each note flows through every person present. Some compliment the delightful music, others continue to chatter, but always it speaks to them in some matter. Every guest is bustling together, a sense of familiarity flashing through their eyes when they glimpse at someone else in the room. It seemed as though the whole country was there, with so many nobels and alike.

At approximately half six, Ciel Phantomhive arrives at the ball, in his signature crisp navy blue suit, black top hat and golden, ruby encrusted cane, as though is was crafted by gods, with many intricate designs, each telling their own story. Many heads turn to the doors to see the younger Phantomhive enter.

Older guests nod their head in approval, while young mistresses swoon in his presence. He quietly sighs to himself, but keeps a subtle smile in an attempt to be more welcoming. As he descends the few steps, he begins to be crowded with familiar and unfamiliar faces. Ciel excuses himself, and walks towards a table full of champagne, wine and other alcoholic beverages.

"Why aren't you socializing with your acquaintances my lord" Sebastian questions.

"It's simple really, they all want to marry off their daughters or get in my business affairs" he replies, aggravation hidden in his voice. "They're all ignorant fools"

Suddenly the music slows to a stop, halting everyone's conversations, as they stare towards the front of the room where two large staircases ascend to the second floor. Instantaneously, the doors slam open with a bang, to reveal a true goddess upon men...

«————————//————————»

~Flashback~

POV: 1st Person (finally)

I awake to the sound of rasp knocking on my door. I was about to stand up to open the door, until I found myself in immense pain. My eyes focus to my surroundings, to find that I'm lying on my desk, surrounded by piles of unfinished paperwork, discarded letters, proposals and business log books that are strictly confidential.

I arose swiftly and grabbed my desk with both hands, stretching out my back, as a cat would after rising from their sleep. After hearing the few satisfactory cracks along my spine, I stroll across my room at a quick pace to my door. I pulled the door open with too much force that I nearly fall over only to quickly readjust myself.

"Good morning, my lady. It seems as though you are already up this fine morning... but in yesterday's clothes" Maria exclaimed, glancing disapprovingly at my attire. "You mustn't overwork yourself too much" She continues, strolling into the room to open the curtains.