16

POV: 3rd Person

A couple of days later, the atmosphere at the Phantomhive Manor was a mix of routine and underlying tension. The memory of Madam Red's funeral still hung in the air. Ciel had returned to his usual business, immersing himself in the responsibilities that came with his title.

It was a bright morning when a letter arrived at the manor, bearing the seal of an influential noble. Sebastian, ever the efficient butler, brought it to Ciel's attention as he was seated in his study, poring over documents.

"A letter for you, young master," Sebastian announced, placing the envelope on the desk.

Ciel glanced up, his curiosity piqued. He took the letter, breaking the seal and unfolding the parchment within. As he read, his expression shifted from mild interest to a focused intensity.

"It appears we've been invited to a gala," Ciel said, looking up at Sebastian. "Lord Abernathy is hosting, and he insists on our presence."

Sebastian's eyes twinkled with interest. "A gala, young master? It could be an excellent opportunity to gather information and make new alliances."

Ciel nodded thoughtfully. "Indeed. And it's also an occasion to keep an eye on certain individuals."

His thoughts drifted momentarily to (Y/N). He recalled their brief but significant connection at the funeral and wondered if she would be attending the gala as well. He was curious to see her again, to perhaps learn more about her.

"A certain young lady on your mind, perhaps?" Sebastian teased, a knowing smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Ciel shot him a sharp look, but there was a hint of a smirk beneath his stern facade. "Focus on the task at hand, Sebastian. We have preparations to make."

Sebastian bowed gracefully. "As you wish, young master. Shall I make the necessary arrangements for our attire and transportation?"

"Of course. Ensure everything is impeccable," Ciel replied, returning his attention to the documents on his desk. Yet, as he worked, his mind kept wandering back to (Y/N).

«————————//————————»

The evening of the gala arrived swiftly. Ciel, dressed in his finest attire, exuded an air of authority and elegance that was fitting for his status. Sebastian, as always, was immaculate in his butler's uniform, every detail meticulously attended to.

As they arrived at Lord Abernathy's grand estate, the opulence of the event was immediately apparent. The grand hall was filled with nobility, each guest more lavishly dressed than the last. The air was filled with the soft hum of conversation and the clinking of crystal glasses.

Ciel moved through the crowd with practiced ease, Sebastian always a step behind, ready to attend to his every need. As they mingled, Ciel's sharp eyes scanned the room, noting the faces of influential figures and potential allies.

Then, across the room, he spotted (Y/N). She was a vision of elegance, her gown shimmering under the chandelier light. She moved with a grace that drew subtle glances from those around her. Ciel felt a peculiar sense of anticipation, a desire to speak with her again.

He made his way towards her, his steps measured and deliberate. As he approached, she turned, sensing his presence. Her eyes met his, and a soft smile graced her lips.

"(Y/N)," Ciel greeted, inclining his head slightly. "It's a pleasure to see you again."

"Ciel," she replied, her voice warm and genuine. "The pleasure is mine."