Chapter 30

A/N

So, this is almost a "bonus" chapter, but it's more that I finally got away from writer's block and decided to give y'all a new chapter! I cannot promise frequent updates, but I hope you enjoy this one at the least!

Thanks to all those who continue to read and support!

sborek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I staggered back, a rush running through my system, unable to grasp the newfound information. All that was running through my head was, "Calimo's her son. Calimo's her son." I found something to lean against and once again Reanski was in my face, laughing at me.

"Oh, I'm sure that's not what you expected to hear from me, was it?" She scrunched up her face in fake sympathy, her bottom lip quivering. "The love of your life is the son of the ruler of the Eternal Knights. Oh how sweet, like Romeo and Juliet. But remember," she paused, willing me to look up at her, "both of them ended up dead."

My face was graced with a look of horror, "You'd kill your own son, just to kill me?"

Reanski was picking at her fingernails, and a chair appeared underneath her that she collapsed on, "Well, I wouldn't like it that way, no. But here," she once again focused her attention on me, "I'll make you a deal. So Calimo won't die."

"I'm listening."

"Give me your key, and I'll let the both of you live," She smiled at me sweetly, but I felt there was a hidden agenda.

"You will control me if I do that," I defensively placed a hand on my pocket, and she caught the gesture, her eyes flicking around like a snake eyeing its prey.

"I guess you don't know much about who you are, do you?" Reanski looked at me with amusement. "Well, how about it, you give me your key and Calimo doesn't die," She stood up once again, with her pale hand stretched out to me.

"N...no," I stuttered, backing away from her. "There's something else going on I don't know about. So, no."

She closed her hand into a fist and growled, and began to transform into something not human. She brought up and cloud of black smoke and once the smoke cleared, before me stood the largest tiger I had ever seen. This tiger wasn't orange or white; it was black with white stripes. It was quite beautiful, and I felt willed to pet it. It slowly began to approach me, stalking me like cats do. It braced to pounce, and then leaped into the air, heading right towards me. I crouched down in terror, not believing I would die again within 24 hours, when a blast of white light reached my tightly closed eyes. I slowly opened one, then the other and gasped at was I saw.

Before me stood Calimo, engulfed in white light looking down at the black tiger in hatred. The tiger slowly rose on its hind feet, black smoke covered the scene, and once again before me stood Reanski.

"Darling!" She reached her arms wide open at Calimo. He turned his back in disgust and came to me.

"Hey, princess," He smiled slightly and reached out a hand to help me up. As our fingers first brushed, I nearly jumped as I had felt the same sparks as every other time I touched him. He pulled me up, and into his arms; I hadn't realized I had been shaking until I stood against him. I hoped he didn't think of me as weak. He held me out at arms' length and gave me a once over. Reanski stood off to the side tapping her foot, until he turned to her with loathing, and pulled me behind his back.

"Don't you touch her," Calimo stated, soothing the anger I knew he felt. One of his hands was behind his back, tightly wrapped around mine, his thumb lightly brushing the side of my hand. It was a small gesture, but I felt safer.