Chapter 19

Calimo POV

I watched her turn away and say we couldn't be together. I was just about to protest when someone clamped my mouth shut and pulled me away. I was flailing trying to get Amberlin's attention. I hadn't realized we had passed her barrier and when I was being pulled away, I knew she was in danger. When the arms stopped pulling me back, the person shoved me away from them. I fell to the ground at the force, but I got up and faced my attacker.

"Jaco?" I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was looking at me with a mixture of pity and anger. "What the heck man?"

"You have no right to 'what the heck' me. What the heck bro? What did you do?" He asked running his hands through his hair.

"I proposed to her," I said quietly. He looked up and he slapped me across the face. Yes, like full on slapping me, hard. "What the...?" I asked rubbing my face.

"You just made the worst mistake of your life. You put yourself and Amberlin in danger. You know what's happening right now? Dad's trying to kill her!" He yelled. I felt my face pale and I began running in the direction I had left her.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I yelled. I burst into the clearing where we had fallen from our flying trip. I watched as my own father pulled the trigger on his gun and shoot the love of my life right in front of me.

------------------------------------------

Amberlin POV

There was blood. So much blood. I watched it flow from my stomach and pool out around me. I fell to the ground, gasping. I heard someone call my name and appear over me. The person had green eyes. I pushed them away, trying to save what blood I hadn't lost. The green eyes didn't leave and I felt the person place their hands over my wound. They were trying to kill me faster. I pushed at them, but they refused to budge. I heard one last thing before my eyes closed.

"Don't go, my little Cinderella. Don't go."

******A/N*******

600+ reads?! Woohoo! Thank you to all who have read this book. I never thought I'd ever get this many. All I can say is: thank you, thank you, thank you!