Chapter 9

Didn't proofread.
----

He puts away his handkerchief and steps back, giving Xiao Zhan some space. "So you really didn't see it," Yibo said as he glanced at the wedding planner's delicate left hand. "If I saw it, would I have reacted this way?"

Wang Yibo met Xiao Zhan's eyes, he gave a low chuckle. It was a plain one though, there was no hint of joy at all. "I can't really tell. I don't even know if I should feel relieved that you didn't see what's inside."

"You really can't say it to me right now?"

"I think can't. It's better for you to see what's inside the box..."

• • •

After the incident with the two of them arguing, Xiao Zhan was doubtful if he was to continue the wedding plans. Wang Yibo told him that he's the one but somehow, he didn't feel elated at all. He actually felt devastated and torn. As if the man named Wang Yibo was a problem that can not be solved and driving him in circles over and over again.

After Yibo excused himself and left, Xiao Zhan quickly went over to his desk and fixed his things. He slightly paused at the sight of the notes and sketches of the wedding he just planned. He actually completed all the preparations and to think the only thing was to do is to contact the sellers and arrange the venue.

The wedding planner pursed his lips and closed the big sketchpad with the notes he made, he stuffed everything inside. He then shoves it on the lowest drawer and locks it. It wasn't the right time to dwell on it.

Xiao Zhan headed home early that day. He didn't even had the time to tell Meng Zoey about what happened. He grabbed a taxi on his way home and leaned on the seat. His eyes followed the passing trees and sky high buildings as his thoughts drifted. The last thing Yibo said to him was, "If you ever find the box and read what's inside, come back to me after a week."

The wedding planner didn't understand that why must there be an invertval of a week between them? Do the things inside the box will give him a scare? What was Wang Yibo hiding that he couldn't tell Xiao Zhan?  Deep inside, Xiao Zhan was also anxious that Yibo was to leave again without saying anything for the second time.

As he arrived at his condo, he immediately rummages through his drawers and cabinets. "How big was that box anyway?" He asked frustratingly to himself. Right now, he was craving for answers. Since Wang Yibo wants to be a riddle master well fuck him! He can't even explain it to Xiao Zhan verbally! What a guy he is!

Xiao Zhan angrily searched his condo, turning it upside down and after an hour of doing so, he slumped to the nearest couch. He puts an arm over his eyes and exhaled a long sigh. "What's the color of the box? What does it look like? How big was it?" He asked himself and tried to think. There were too many questions circulating inside his head, it was driving him insane. Just where is it?

What if he threw it away? The wedding planner released another shaky breath. That's the worst possible situation. He smacked his head for a couple of times then finally, he remembered something. Their shared condo. Xiao Zhan jumps on to his feet and quickly dashed to his room. He clumsily searched for a key on his top shelf, while doing so, he hits a small jar in the process. The jar made an earth shattering noise as it hit the ground, making an ugly mess with broken shards.

Xiao Zhan cursed under his breath as he saw the mess but at the same time, his breathe hitched. He saw a familiar looking key, along with the broken pieces of the jar. He carefully takes it and stared at it for a couple of seconds. It's surely the key to their shared condo.

The wedding planner quickly left his own condo with a brown leather coat to prevent himself from catching a cold. He ran all the way outside with his heart pounding inside his chest. He felt anxious and scared. Despite the cold night outside, his hands were sweating. He waved his hand at the waiting area, trying to catch a taxi driver's attention. Xiao Zhan looked like a mad man, moving both of his arms in the air. He was in a rush, not a second should be delayed. He was finally closer to the answers he'd been longing for three years.