Chapter 7

The wedding planner scans through the wedding album designs as if he was in a daze. He scribbled notes for detials and designs for Wang Yibo's wedding. Xiao Zhan conceptualized the place and started organizing everything. It took him 3 hours on making everything look good and satisfying.

Until the sudden realization hit him, he may have planned his ideal wedding for his ex. He stared at his sketched designed on his sketchpad. A beautiful seaside wedding with elegant roses surrounding the pathway. It could be better, instead of a function hall, they could celebrate on a floating dinner. The thought of his favorite restaurant near the seaside flashed in his mind. The restaurant was actually connected to a floating diner where the platform of the whole restaurant was floating on the sea, it was different from a cruise since you're literally out in the open with only umbrellas to shade you from the sun and decorative lights to keep you company in the night.

Xiao Zhan chuckled bitterly, he's planning his dream wedding for someone else. He frowned as he sketched out a person on the altar-like of the venue at the center of the seaside wedding. It was obvious who it was. He can't believe he unconsciously drew Wang Yibo. The wedding planner quickly erased it and puts his mechanical pencil down.

He leaned on his seat and drank a bottle of water. Now it literally hit him. It's been 3 years and his ex is getting married. Like, marry someone else.

After a 20 minute break, Xiao Zhan went back to work and listed down the things he needed for finalization. He still needs the approval of Wang Yibo and Elyssa of course. He stared at his notes and sketches, "I feel bad for Elyssa ah. She seems like a nice lady. Too bad she's gonna end up with a man like him," he mumbled to himself as he continued writing down the list.

But it was crystal clear, Xiao Zhan was just bitter and envious of how things are turning out for them. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to calm himself. "Focus, Zhan."

Just then, the door opens with a click and the wedding planner shot up and met the devil.

"Why are you here?" He asked forcefully as he sets his things aside. "I saw miss Zoey and she told me you left." Xiao Zhan stopped himself from sighing and stood up. "What about miss Elyssa?"

"She's still in the party," Yibo said as he approached the wedding planner. "What? You should've brought her here. So things would be easier. I had some ideas and I'm asking for your approval."

Wang Yibo ignored his first words and replied,"Where are the designs?"

Xiao Zhan gave his ex a look of confusion. "Hold on," he said as he approached Yibo with a stern look. "I need miss Elyssa to be here."

"Why?" Yibo whispered in confusion, too and made his voice clearer, "It's rude to leave without having someone else to stay."

The wedding planner pursed his lips and said irritatingly, "Well, it's rude to leave your fiancè there. You should've stayed with her!" Xiao Zhan couldn't control his frustration and his other workmates turned to look at him. He awkwardly glanced at them for a few seconds and clicked his tongue as he turned away in embarrassment. He dragged Yibo at the inner office and closed the door with a click.

"Why are you so angry?"

Xiao Zhan calmed himself down and massaged his temples, "I... I can't, urgh, can't understand you."

Wang Yibo stood there, silently listening to the wedding planner. Xiao Zhan covered his eyes for a while and intakes a good amount of oxygen. "Sorry, I'm just really stressed-"

"Why can't you understand me?" Yibo asked and the wedding planner immediately looks at his ex. He's feeling angry again, Wang Yibo actually dared to ask him that question? Why now?

Xiao Zhan stared at Wang Yibo in disbelief and his mouth was agape, like a fish out of water. "W-Why?" He stuttered and a bitter chuckle errupted from the wedding planner. "I don't know if you're being serious with this wedding of yours."

"I am, do think that I'm not?" Yibo looked at him as his brows slowly knitted together.

"Yes, because why aren't you letting the one you love also decide what's the wedding about!" Xiao Zhan raised his voice in frustration. His heart ached and he was stopping himself from crying. He would absolutely look pathetic and his mind was in chaos. Ever since he saw miss Elyssa or Yibo, he was obviously getting upset. Worse, planning their wedding is breaking himself even more and stabbing his heart over and over again.

Wang Yibo was silent for a while, Xiao Zhan waited for his response as he looked at him. He noticed how the younger's lips pursed and his eyelashes quivering a bit as he looked down. The wedding planner wanted to laugh and say, "No reason?"

He was about to say it when Yibo suddenly looks at him and said, "I am."

Xiao Zhan instinctively steps back and couldn't help but feel... He can't describe it. Like literally, he doesn't know what to say or feel when he heard Wang Yibo.

"Zhan," Yibo called out and Xiao Zhan was just dumbfounded. After gathering his thoughts, the wedding planner laughed. "Haha! Nice joke. Oh wait, it's April 1 today. April fools? Haha!" His tone was bitter and he sounded like a mad man as he laughed in the quiet room.

"It's April 2," he said as Wang Yibo gave him a concerned looked.

Xiao Zhan immediately went silent again and he just stared dumbly at his ex.

• • •

"Oh dear, where's Xiao Zhan?" Mrs. Xin asked at Meng Zoey as she approached her table. "He had some errands to do. He's really busy since another wedding is booked," she explained politely and congratulated the bride.

"That's a pity, but thank you, too, miss Zoey!"

"We're just doing our job," Meng Zoey replied and Mrs. Xin smiled at her then excused herself as she chatted with the other visitors.

"Zoey, will Zhan-ge be alright?" Yu Bin asked worriedly and the smile on Meng Zoey face faltered. She sighed and said, "I hope he is, I already sent him a message earlier. Since that ex of his was so persistent on finding him."

Yu Bin hums a reply and whispered, "Then who's the beautiful lady in the blue dress? She's with Zhan-ge's ex a while ago."

Meng Zoey sighed again as she eats a slice of blueberry cheesecake. After chewing and gulping it, she responded with he expression looking a bit ashen, "Probably Yibo's lover."

Yu Bin looks at the woman across their table who is happily chatting with another man beside her. She looks pretty lively without her lover around.

---
I didn't proofread again, my apologies. Stay safe and healthy!