Chapter 6

After an hour, the ceremony was finally finished and the newly weds came out from the entrance. Xiao Zhan smiled at the side and clapped lightly. The bride and the groom were side by side and smiled as they received congratulations from their friends and family. It was truly a lovely sight for the wedding planner. May their love last for a lifetime.

The bride then turned around and to the wedding planner's realization, she is about to throw her bouquet to the crowd.

Xiao Zhan literally finds it entertaining. Miss Xin throws it upward and the wedding planner looks at the bouquet, his eyes following where the bouquet is heading. As he stood there quietly, he noticed that something wasn't right. He thought that why was the bouquet getting bigger in his view?

Wait a sec, why's that getting closer-

He felt his heart beat quicken as he saw the approaching bouquet. He unconsciously raises both of his hands. Xiao Zhan felt nervous, if he didn't catch it, the bouquet will probably go to waste and be ruined on the ground. He was about to catch it when someone suddenly shouted, "Aha! I got it!" A familiar voice of a woman voice rang from behind him. To his surprise it was the lady from earlier who was running late. Xiao Zhan, feeling extremely embarrassed when he tried to catch the bouquet, he wipes both of his hands at his coat and gave a low cough. The crowd cheered and congratulated her from catching it. He must have looked stupid. What was he expecting anyway when he got the bouquet? Get married? To whom?

"Oh, it's you," the lady smiled as she held the beautiful bouquet with her other hand. "Hello, um, congrats for catching the bouquet," Xiao Zhan politely greeted as he returned the smile at her. "Thanks! Aiya, I didn't see you get in earlier. Are you feeling better now?"

"Ah, yes. I was just really exhausted."

"I see, get some rest, yeah?" She said then checks her phone, "Now, where is that guy? Can't believe he didn't see me catch this bouquet ah," she joked and shakes the bouquet on her hand. "You came here without someone?"

"Yeah, well, technically. I just got delayed so he arrived first," she explained then gasped afterwards. "I never really introduced myself ah! I'm-"

"There you are," as the woman was cut off, she turned around and beamed. "Yibo! Oh, look, I catched the bouquet!"

"I saw," the said man smiled slightly and Xiao Zhan was surprised once again. What-?

"Right, I'm very amazing," she said proudly and smacked Yibo's shoulder lightly. They look pretty close. Xiao Zhan's gut was telling him that something is definitely going on between them. Could it be?

The woman laughed and faced Xiao Zhan, "I'm Elyssa Liu and this cold snob over here is Wang Yibo." I absolutely know who that man is.

"O-Oh, I'm Xiao Zhan..." He replied awkwardly and didn't even bother to spare a glance at his ex. "Xiao Zhan!?" She exclaimed and jumped closer to the wedding planner. Xiao Zhan jolted as he got startled with her actions. "Yes?"

"Wedding planner!" She said excitedly and immediately takes Xiao Zhan's hand without warning. "I heard a lot from you and your designs are really the best!" Elyssa praised and genuinely smiled at him. But the wedding planner didn't feel happy at all. His heart made a hurtful twist as it thumped inside his ribcage. He felt his lips quivered slightly and he was getting uncomfortable that he was being touched by Wang Yibo's fiancè.

Despite the action being rude, he slips his hand slowly away from her grasp and said, "Thank you, I'm just doing my job." Elyssa noticed how Xiao Zhan tried to avoid her but she didn't say anything and continued to smile kindly at him. "You're always welcome! I like your taste with the decorations and how you plan out the whole wedding."

For the second time again, Xiao Zhan wanted to leave and escape. He felt suffocated and trapped. Who would have thought she was Yibo's fiancè?

"Xiao Zhan," Elyssa called out as she looks directly into the wedding planner's eyes. "I'm truly ecstatic that Yibo met you."

Xiao Zhan couldn't understand what she was saying- What was the point telling him those words? Easy for you to say. "Elyssa, almost everyone left and went to the function hall," Yibo interrupted with a small frown on his face. Elyssa just jokingly rolled her eyes, "Geez, are you that hungry? Xiao Zhan, you can join us."

"No," he stiffly replied and then added, "Ay- I mean, I need to, uh, check for other things." Elyssa giggled lightly and said, "Are you sure? I heard you were a heavy ea-

"Elyssa, Ruo is waiting for us," Wang Yibo said and Elyssa sighed. "Fine, snobby!" She waved her hand at the wedding planner as she bid farewell. Yibo just slightly bowed at Xiao Zhan and left with Elyssa.

As much as Xiao Zhan wanted to give his congratulations and greetings to Mrs. Xin, he doesn't want to deal with his ex and seeing him with his fiancè. So instead, he takes out his phone and called Meng Zoey.

"Yes?"

"Zoey, can you cover for me?" He heaves a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, making it disheveled. "Why so suddenly? Aren't you attending a wedding?"

"Ah, yes. But you know- Yibo," he breathed and closed his eyes in frustration. Xiao Zhan knew that he doesn't to explain to Meng Zoey if he mentioned Wang Yibo's name. It was very understandable that it was already a struggle for the wedding planner's part. "Alright, wait for me at the entrance. Is it okay if I bring Yu Bin, too?"

"That's okay, I'll wait for you at the entrance."

"Okay, and Zhan, hang in there."

"Yeah, I will," he chuckled softly as he made his was at the entrance and sat at a waiting shed. He should've let Zoey go instead. The wedding planner sighed and leans his back at the bench.

After waiting for 15 minutes, Meng Zoey finally arrived with Yu Bin beside her. They parked the car and went out. As Yu Bin got out, he waved at him. "Zhan-ge!"

"Hello, I'm sorry to suddenly make you guys come here," he said apologetically. "Hey, it's alright. What are friends are for?" She said and Xiai Zhan smiled. "Right. Well, can you tell Mrs. Xin my congrats? Tell her that I wasn't feeling well and apologize in your behalf."

"Of course, Zhan. Rest well, okay?" She pats his back and smiled. "I'll try. I still need to plan out for his wedding."

"Zhan-ge if you need any help, just call us," Yu Bin suggested and the wedding planner replied with a nod. "You guys should go, they're probably starting the program already, I have my own table there. Zoey, you know where it is."

"How could I not know?" She laughed and waved her hand. Xiao Zhan watched them go to the function hall. He heaves another sigh but he actually felt relieved this time.

He grabbed a taxi and went back to his office. It's better to work than dwell on unnecessary things and hurt yourself.

---
Sorry for the typos and please do point it out! This chapter hasn't been proofread (again).
(/ Ó w Ò)/