Chapter 2

The wedding planner was stunned at the sight before him, to the point he dropped his phone on the floor with a crashing sound. "Y-You..." He stuttered and felt his heart aching once again. The hurtful feeling he felt from 3 years ago came back in a flash. The person who just came in picked up his phone and handed it to him, "Here."

He stared at the man's hand for a few seconds until he finally snaps out. "Ah, t-thanks," he stuttered as he take his phone and shoves it quickly to his pocket.

"I mean, uh, have a seat," he averted the man's gaze as he pulls a nearby chair and placed it in front of his desk. Xiao Zhan's hands felt sweaty and he felt hella nervous. What is he doing here? Plan a wedding? His wedding?

The man with a stoic face didn't say anything as he sat down across from Xiao Zhan. "Uh, so we have an album here. You can choose which theme and designs that you like- I mean, erm, with your partner." The wedding planner is currently internally panicking, his mind was alarming with sirens and his heart was thumping very hard inside his chest. He takes out a thick album from his metal drawer at the side and handed it over to the other.

For a brief moment, they brushed each other's hands and Xiao Zhan immediately flinched as he retracts his hand quickly. He gave a low cough, trying to clear his throat. "If you're done deciding, just- tell me. I-uh, I'll be working right here," he rambled as he takes some other papers at his desk, trying to busy himself.

What is my ex doing here? I never saw him again after he suddenly left without saying anything. Is he trying to rub it to my face that he's getting married? Upon thinking of it, his heart churned and he felt the emotions swell inside him. Right, the man who is currently sitting in front of him is named, Wang Yibo. His ex-boyfriend from 3 years ago. Their relationship has always been well and peaceful until one day, Wang Yibo left at their shared condo without saying anything. Disappeared without a trace. It seems like the man fled from the country and moved to another state. He can't be reached at all. Every single information about him was just erased from Xiao Zhan. As if the man himself never existed in China. His heart was broken, shattered and battered just like that. No explanation, just silence.

Xiao Zhan wanted to punch the man so bad but he couldn't, not in front of his co-workers or the other customers inside. It would make a huge fuss or even turn out to be a huge scandal. The wedding planner sighed in his heart as he tightly grips his pen. Who would have thought that his ex came back to get married and slapped it to Xiao Zhan's face?

Maybe that's the reason why he left, since he probably got tired of Xiao Zhan. He found someone better, someone who was more capable than him. It was probably a woman. After all, Wang Yibo was a straight man in the first place. Xiao Zhan was gay at the beginning. In the end, he's was the stupid one who got hurt by believing a straight man's words.

At the back of his head, he knew that it would somewhat turn out to be like that but he was too blinded with his so called 'affection' and 'love'. He was stupid to realize it sooner that it may not work out well.

"I think the one I'm looking for isn't here," Wang Yibo said as he closed the album. Xiao Zhan looked up and he swear he felt his own eyebrow twitch. "Ah? But there are a lot of themes to chose from. Are you sure it's not there?"

"I'm sure," he said calmly and Xiao Zhan stopped himself from rolling his eyes. "Okay, well tell me what you have in mind then, sir."

"The wedding venue at the seaside of the city," after hearing those words, Xiao Zhan's heart thumped. Why? That was his dream wedding venue if he ever got married. He can't believe it's gonna be tainted when Wang Yibo wants the celebration to be held there!

"Um, I don't think it's a good idea to hold the venue there," he said as he shifted from his seat. Wang Yibo stayed silent as he looks at the wedding planner, there was a slight frown on his face. Xiao Zhan coughed lightly and said, "What I mean is, what if it suddenly rains? What if the wind outside is too strong? Um, what if the waves are too big?" He rambled as he made different hand gestures to prove his point.

"Besides, is your partner even aware of your decision? Why not ask her first?" Wang Yibo's brows furrowed slightly and said, "My partner said that it's a very beautiful place to celebrate there."

Geez no need to get so annoyed about it! It was the wedding planner's turn to frown as he scoffed for a bit. "Fine then, but let me tell you before hand that this one is going to be quite expensive."

"That's alright, I have plenty of money to pay for everything," Wang Yibo said with an impassive face as he brushed off his shoulders for a bit. Xiao Zhan gave him a smile and said, "Of course, Mr. Wang." The wedding planner was internally having a tantrum and screaming. Aiya! What an arrogant man! Who asked you that you have a lot of money ah?

"Here is the album for the decorations," Xiao Zhan said as he reached out for another album, this time, he avoided Yibo's hand and quickly retracts his.

Wang Yibo was silently looking over the album and Xiao Zhan couldn't help but glance at him from time to time. His ex still looked as handsome as ever, wearing a dark brown coat and an inner white turtle neck with a pair of black jeans. The cool and cold aura surrounded him and his calm state was very eye catching. It was literally breathtaking. Sadly, he wasn't his anymore. They were just mere acquaintances, scratch that, maybe even worse than strangers.

Xiao Zhan shaked off those thoughts and continued to list some unfinished work. Not a couple of minutes later, Wang Yibo closed the album.

"I'm not good with designs, how about you decide what's a better match for a seaside wedding venue," he said and sets aside the album. The pen Xiao Zhan was holding almost snapped, this guy! He forced a smile at Yibo and said, "Again? Well that can't be helped. Give the album to me, please."

The wedding planner snickered to himself, if he gets to design the everything, wouldn't that be fun to meddle and play around with his ex-boyfriend's wedding? Xiao Zhan knew it was petty and might affect his career but he already thought that he wouldn't go that far, just slight changes and toying around, just to get some revenge from Yibo who left him 3 years ago.

The wedding planner really can't say if he moved on from Wang Yibo. It was just a complicated topic and he can't explain what he felt. It was just too much and very depressing.

Wang Yibo gave the album back and Xiao Zhan received it with a fake smile and opened the album. "Now, Mr. Wang, hopefully your lover agrees with my suggestions."

"Of course, you're the wedding planner after all," Yibo said impassively and waited for Xiao Zhan to speak. "Right, I am," he said with slightly gritting his teeth.

Xiao Zhan wanted to roll his eyes so badly, just by talking to this person is making him exert a lot of effort and it was very tiring!

---
Sorry for the typos and please do point it out!