Chapter 1

The tall man who had inky black hair is wearing a light yellow cardigan with a white inner shirt wearing black skinny jeans raced towards a nearby cafe with a shoulder bag at his side and a clipboard at the other.

He was in a rush as he dashed sideways avoiding hitting people who were walking at the sidewalk. Upon arriving at the cafe, he stopped, catching his breath and panted for a good while outside. The man pushes the door open with the small bell ringing and he was immediately greeted by a waiter.

"Good morning Mr. Xiao, are you here to check your last order?" The waiter asked as she led him by the counter. "Yes, I would like to add 50 more cupcakes if that is possible?"

"It is, also the cake is finished, would Mr. Xiao likes to see it?"

"Yes please," he answered politely with a smile and the waiter beckoned him to follow behind her. They arrived at the cafe's kitchen and the busy chefs and workers were flooding the inside. "This way sir."

Upon passing the kitchen, they arived were the cakes and delicious delicacies were being prepared and designed.

"I'll take my leave mister Xiao. Miss Mianmian is over there doing the finishing touches for the cake," the waiter said as she pointed where a woman who looked at her twenties with a messy bun also wearing a hair net who was currently looking if the a gorgeous wedding cake.

"Thank you," he gave her a short bow as he headed his way towards her. "It looks beautiful."

"Ah, Zhan-ge!" The woman named Mianmian said with a smile as she saw her friend and also a regular customer. "Thanks, it took a while. Honestly, I had a hard time looking for the exact flowers your customer was looking for," she said as she pointed the wedding cake.

It was a four layered cake with the theme color of white and a hue of peachy pink color. The alternating layers were design with fancy patterns with the second layer having floral designs on it coating, while the biggest and last layer had the leaves and petal like icing designs, covering the whole layer. The overall design was enhanced with the lovely and fesh looking peach and little pink colored roses, accompanied with small green leaves.

 The overall design was enhanced with the lovely and fesh looking peach and little pink colored roses, accompanied with small green leaves

"You did an amazing job. How did you even make the flowers?" The man named Xiao Zhan asked in astonishment as he looks over the wedding cake.

"Of course, skills, my friend," she said as she playfully bumped his shoulder. "I don't have skills in baking. Too bad," he chuckled and takes out his phone to snap a picture.

"Thank you so much, Mianmian. Can you guys deliver it next week with the 250 cupcakes?"

"That won't be a problem," she replied. "Well, I need to go," Xiao Zhan said as he looks over his wrist watch and checked the time that was currently 8:04 in the morning. "I have other things to attend to."

"Well, I can see you out at the door?" Mianmian asked as she sets aside her tools. "No need, sorry for the trouble."

"Are you sure?"