/48/

L U K E

After our date, Sam and I walk down Times Square, side by side. As soon as we had walked out of the restaurant we had been at, I let go of Sam's hand, to which she frowned at, but I pretended I didn't notice.

But I do notice the way girls are throwing outbursts at the sight of me being back in New York and take countless pictures. However, I'm glad none of them have approached us.

I take a deep breath and let it out, telling myself that it's okay. It's Sam and everyone knows about her now. Everyone knows I have fallen in love with this girl.

When I realize just about every girl present is taking pictures, I decide to take Sam's hand as we continue to make our way down the busy neighborhood. I don't know why I let go in the first place when holding her hand makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. That's when every girl around begins to freak out, taking even more pictures and probably wasting no time to post them all over the internet.

I don't even care. It just feels so damn good to hold her hand in public, letting everyone know that she's mine. In a way, I'm proud because I finally managed to do something right when it comes to a girl.

"You guys are cute as hell!" I hear a girl shout from behind us. I don't know if she's meant it towards Sam and I, but we laugh anyway.

"We are really cute," I tell her as we continue to walk and she smiles. "Oh, look! That's me!" I shout and point at a billboard ahead of us.

We're performing at MSG in two weeks and I still shit myself when I think about it.

"That reminds me, how are the guys?" Sam asks. How are they? They've missed Sam like crazy. Sometimes I think they missed her more than me, but that's impossible.

"They're really good, they miss you and talk about you non stop sometimes. It's kind of weird," I laugh and she does too.

"I miss them, too," she sighs and rubs small circles on my hand with her thumb.

I think Calum misses her the most out of all three of them. There's no denying that they were good friends and sometimes I think he'll send her a few texts and even call her. I think he did this when her and I weren't speaking all those six months. I don't know if she ever responded. I really hope she did because Calum doesn't deserve to ignored. Ever.

I missed her so goddamn much, I can't even put it into words. I miss her and her annoying questions and the way she plays with my hands and the way her lips feel against mine. I miss our late night talks and getting drunk together. I miss hearing her say my name and the sound of her laugh when I say something stupid. Fuck, I even miss our fights, as strange as it may sound. I miss touching her and kissing her. I miss everything about her despite the fact that she's right here with me.

"Why did we stop?" Sam asks me when I stop walking and pull her to me.

"Because," I laugh when I place my hands on her waist, "I wanna make out with you," I tell her and she frowns.

"We're in public," she whines, but it doesn't stop her hands from wrapping around the back of my neck.

"Exactly," I tell her and kiss her when she's about so say something else. I want everyone to know that she's mine and I want everyone to know that I am absolutely crazy about this American girl that hated everything about me.

*****

The last thing I expected was to end up in Sam's room with her on my lap. I didn't expect her to tell me that she wanted to go back to her house.

So now here we are, making out like crazy on her bed. If I could spend the rest of my life kissing her, I would. I won't ever get tired of the way my heart beats restlessly in my chest when she runs her fingers through my hair as we kiss. I won't ever get tired of the way she looks and feels underneath me and the way her face blushes when my eyes study every single inch of her body. Everything about her makes my body ache with need.