/14/

no gif, I'm on mobile and leaving town rn sighhh

S A M

"And then he just left?" India groans as she sits next to me on the my bed. India arrived soon after Luke left and found me moping around in my room.

"Yeah, he just left and didn't say anything. I don't understand," I whine and want to cry because I'm so mad. There's no way I'm crying, though. I refuse. I don't care if it's only because I'm angry. I will not cry over anyone.

"So, what are you gonna do?" India asks me.

I sigh and calm myself down. "I'm gonna get cleaned up and he's gonna explain himself. I don't care if he takes all night," I mumble and head over to my vanity. My hair is a mess.

India's eyes meet me on the mirror as I run my fingers through my hair. "I'm warning you now. He's going to ruin you and you're going to let him, Sam," she says in a cold voice and I shiver.

"I don't even care," I whisper and know that she's right but I know that I meant what I just said.

"I don't exactly like the kid but whatever happens, I'll be here. I'm your friend and I support your choices, even if they aren't always right," she tells me and gives me hug.

I know she's right. I know Luke will ruin me.

And I don't even care.

*****

My hands are shaking and my knees feel like jello. Maybe I shouldn't have come here. Maybe I'm being ridiculous. My nails dig into the skin of my palms as I ball my hands into fists. With a shaky breath, I knock on the door twice and then take a step back.

I start to regret coming here, the voice in my head is telling me so, but just before I can walk away and leave, the door opens and I look up.

"Sam?" It's Ashton, looking very confused. He's in sweats, a white t shirt and a beanie.

I smile at him and he lets me in. "I'm sorry for coming unannounced but I have to-"

"You have to talk to Luke," he finishes for me as we enter the kitchen and he hands me a glass of water. I take it, whispering a thank you and down the water in seconds. "Did you walk here?" He asks and his eyes widen.

"Cab," I breathe out quietly and lean against the counter. I don't have much need for a car seeing as the only place I really go to is school and that's not too far from the apartment. And if I do go somewhere else, I just take the subway or hail a cab.

"Listen, about Luke," he begins slowly and I turn to look at him. Seeing him so serious is weird to me. He's always laughing or cracking a joke or doing something ridiculous. "I know he's a bit of a dirtbag but he's a nice guy. I know the kid cares about you deep down. I don't know what you did to him but this usually never happens," he says and smiles a little. "However, I will say this now, he will make mistakes. And he will hurt you."

"I'm just really good at annoying him," I joke and notice just now quiet it is in the place. Knowing these boys, it's usually loud wherever they are or go. "It is so quiet in here," I point out and look around. Most of the lights are off, except for a few in the kitchen and the tv is on in the living room.

"Michael and Calum are sleeping, they had a long day," he tells me and then nudges my side. "Go talk to him," he tells me in a soft voice, his smile relieving some of the weight I feel on my chest.

Before I leave, I give him a hug and thank him quietly. I've never really had a conversation with Ashton, besides ones that included our music preferences, his drums or alcohol.