21

L U K E

"Luke, isn't Sam's birthday in less than two weeks?" Michael asks me as we all eat breakfast around the kitchen counter. I don't know how he knows when her birthday is, but apparently he does and I suddenly feel like an ass because I had completely forgotten about it. Despite the fact that I haven't seen her for a few days, we've been talking, and her birthday hasn't come up once.

I've been too busy working and Sam is trying to catch up on her schoolwork while making sure she's taking care of herself. I'm glad India and Becca didn't let her leave the house for three days, she needed to rest. I wish I could have gone over just for a bit, but everything's been crazy lately.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I ask him through a mouthful of my breakfast burrito and look up at him. Calum is too busy eating to even pay attention and Ashton is on his phone.

"What do you mean, why? Aren't you guys gonna do anything? Isn't she going to celebrate?!" He asks me and throws his arms out.

"I don't know, she really hasn't brought it up," I tell him and place my plate in the sink. I suddenly find myself wondering why she hasn't said anything about it. Does she not want to do something? I think she should.

"Well, don't you think you should get her something at least? Just so she knows you didn't forget?" Michael suggests as we sit down on the couch. I really hadn't thought about that either. I'm fucking terrible when it comes to getting people gifts.

Knowing Sam, she's probably the type of girl to say, you don't have to get me anything, but now that Michael has brought it up, I kind of want to. "Well, what could I even get her? I'm bad at getting people things," I say and scratch the back of my neck.

Michael gasps and claps. "Get her a necklace. Bitches love necklaces."

"Don't talk about Sam that way," I scold him and punch his arm. "Where from though?"

He rubs his arm and shrugs. "I don't know. Tatiana & Co. has jewelry, don't they?"

I squint my eyes at him. "You mean Tiffany & Co.?" I correct him and I hear Ashton laugh as him and Calum make their way to us.

"Yeah! That one!" Michael exclaims as he looks up at the tv. "Look online and see what you can find."

"You know what else you should get her?" Ashton asks and raises an eyebrow. I simply give him a look, knowing what he will say. "Calum, what else should he give her?"

I look over at Calum, who is trying his hardest not to laugh. "Birthday sex, birthday sex, it's the best day of the year-"

"Stop!" I groan and throw a cushion at him. I can't help but laugh at him because of the song he used as a reference. "Terrible song, by the way."

"I don't know how you've gone this long without having sex with her," Ashton says and I roll my eyes.

"Um, it's obvious they've been doing over things to keep themselves occupied," Calum adds and shakes his head at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say and look away.

"Oh, no, no. You don't think I haven't heard the sounds that come from your room sometimes?" Michael says and Ashton laughs as Calum gasps. Michael's room isn't too far from mine so I don't doubt he's... Overheard Sam and I.

"Oh, Luke, yes, mm," Ashton mumbles and Calum's face turns red as he laughs, his hands on his stomach.

"She doesn't even sound like that!" I protest and Ashton just laughs. She hasn't even moaned my name like that, but I wouldn't mind if she did.