20

S A M

"Sam, you do realize that your birthday is in less than two weeks, right?" I look up from my homework and see India sitting across me at the dinner table.

I missed three days of school and I was not happy about it. The doctor suggested at least a week of bed rest, but I refused. I begged and begged until India and Becca let me leave the house after three days. I wasn't too far behind on school work so that was a huge relieve. So tonight I'm getting all caught up and even though India and Becca have offered to help, I've declined their offers.

"Yeah, and?" I shrug and close my textbook. I have three English assignments left, but I decide to work on them tomorrow in the morning. Tomorrow is Saturday so I can spend most of the day doing homework.

"What do you mean and?" Becca gasps from the couch. "Don't you wanna have a small get together?"

I shrug again. "I mean, I don't exactly have friends besides you two."

"Okay, so what are Luke, Michael, Ashton, Calum and Dylan? Paintings on the wall?" Becca scolds me.

"Um, you would have friends, but you spend half the time with your nose in a book. And when it's not, you're too shy to talk to people," India points out.

I kind of see her point but, "I'm not shy!" I whine. At least I don't think I am. "I just don't really feel like doing it. Besides, my birthday is on a Wednesday, guys."

"That doesn't mean you can't do anything," Becca says and shakes her head. "At least let us take you to breakfast or something."

"Yeah, and Luke can take you to dinner and then you two can have... Desert," India says and I hear the sarcasm in her voice, but knowing her, she's not exactly joking either.

"India!" I gasp and shake my head, my cheeks burning.

"Come on, Sam! When's the last time you got laid?!" India presses and I hear Becca giggle from the couch.

"Well..." I pause and blush again. "Since Dylan.."

"Seriously, Sam?! Do you even remember how to do the dirty?" Becca joins in and India laughs. I know they're not doing to be mean and eventually I end up laughing too.

"We'll leave the apartment for the night. You two can have the entire place to yourselves," India offers and wiggles her eyebrows.

"You two need to calm down," I tell them and set my pen down. Honestly, I hadn't thought about sex for a while. At least not until Luke came along.

"And you need to admit that you wanna have sex with Luke," India laughs and gives me a look.

"Sam, we know you better than anyone else, just say it," Becca says and comes and sits on one of the chairs.

By now they're both staring at me and I give them a flat look. "I don't know how I'm friends with you," I point out and they both laugh.

"You know it's bound to happen. And when it does, I'm gonna be here to say, I told you so," India says matter-of-factly and I roll my eyes at her.

They both know that Luke and I have been kissing and doing a little more, but not to the point where we have sex. I don't mind and from the looks of it, he doesn't either. If he did, I think he would tell me. Luke is very vocal and has no filter, so he says whatever he wants.

I am a little shy, at least when it comes to these kinds of things, but once I'm comfortable enough, it gets easier for me.

"I don't think he necessarily has to take me to dinner, if you two leave for the night, I'm sure we could just stay in," I say and get up, walking to the kitchen so that I can grab some water.

"Well, damn, you just wanna dive right into it, don't you?" Becca exclaims and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What? Th-that's not what I meant," I choke out and my face gets red yet again. I don't know how they manage to embarrass me so easily, but I guess this is what best friends are for.

"Sam, just embrace your sex vibes," India laughs and I roll my eyes again. Becca is shaking her head, but clearly laughing quietly to herself.

"I do not have sex vibes," I protest.

"Sure you do! You're hot as hell, Sam," India argues and I narrow my eyes at her.

"You're impossible. Becca, tell her to stop," I whine and look over at her for help.

Becca shakes her head when she meets my eyes. "Not until you admit you wanna bone Luke."

"Now there's no way in hell I'm admitting anything when you put it that way," I groan and scowl at them.

India gasps and looks at me with wide eyes. "Samantha! Did you just swear?!"

I hate when people use my full name.

"Hell is not a swear word, it's in the bible," I reply and cross my arms over my best, holding my head high.

They both get up and walk over to me until they have me cornered. Both of them have their arms crossed over their chests.

"Sam, just say it," India says and I notice the way she's trying not to smile. Becca doesn't have to say anything, the look on her face tells me she wants the same thing India does.

"You guys are horrible," I whine and hide my face with the back if my hands. I know there's no way I'll be able to get myself out of this situation. I always tell them the truth even if it takes a while for me to admit it. Especially these kinds of things. "Okay, yes, I want to."

"You wanna what, Sam?" Becca presses and gives me a sly smile.

"I want- ugh, I wanna have sex with Luke. There! Happy?" I whine again and they both cheer and laugh at the same time. "You two are horrible influences."

"We may have corrupted you a bit, but don't pretend you don't like it," India teases and pokes my side.

It's true though. Since I moved in with them, I have become less secluded and bit more confident with myself. Before moving in with them, I lived on campus and I first met Becca in class. We became friends very fast and then she introduced me to India. Six months later, when our friendship grew, they both suggested I move in with them. It took a bit of convincing, but I agreed. And I'm so glad I did.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I smile and walk around them.

"Anyway, since we're talking about Luke, when are you gonna see him again?" India asks me as we all settle onto the couch and flip through some channels. Dylan is supposed to come over for a movie night in a bit.

"I'm not really sure, he's been really busy lately. But look he texted me this tonight," I tell her and show her the message he sent me earlier. It's a simple one, saying, goodnight :-) xx

"Ew, why does he have to put a nose in the smiley face?" She asks and makes a funny face.

I laugh at the face she makes and give her a playful shove. "Shut up! It's cute!" I whine and place my phone on the coffee table in front of us.

"You know I'm starting to think that boy might love you," India says quietly when we both notice Becca has fallen asleep.

Now it's my turn to make a funny face, well it comes off as more as a scowl, and it's her turn to laugh. "India, don't say stuff like that."

She opens her mouth to say something, but then closes it when we hear the door open and close. We have the tendency to leave the door unlock and one day, that's going to bite us in the ass. It's not exactly the smartest thing to do.

Dylan walks over to the couch as he mumbles a quiet hello, flopping down on it, with us underneath him. We actually stay like that and we watch 10 Things I Hate About You on tv, until the four of us fall asleep on the couch.

The last thing I think about before falling asleep is what India said.

a/n: I'm so confused about this chapter like even I don't know what's going on, poor Sam lol India and Becca need to calm down