Mixed Messages (13)

FATE BROUGHT US TOGETHER 

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"How's this one? Oooh that seems even better! Whataya think?" I was holding a soccer ball with some dudes' signature on it. Apparently it's one of Louis's favorite players, or as so Niall says.

"What about those footballs over there? These seem way too expensive. Even if this is his favorite player, I don't think you should spend that much money on just a football," the ball was nearly 600 USD. Now THAT's a lot. But I guess it can all be worth it when, huh Louis, loves me forever when he sees that his favorite player signed the ball he now owns.

I looked at the ball more precisely. Yup, that's a real signature, with Sharpie at least. "I don't care. It's for Louis. He's 20 now, I always act really big on things like these. On Jenni's sweet 16th, I threw her a surprise party with nearly 200 people. It was extraordinary!" Without taking a second thought, I brought the ball to the nearest counter available and handed it to the cashier.

In an instant, the credit card that was hidden inside of my wallet appeared and was already in the hand of the cashier. As the lady was about to retrieve the card, Niall tailgated it and snapped it back. The loud gasp that was let out of my mouth was not humanely normal. I can't even believe that he just did that. What. A. Douche. Niall exchanged my card with his card and demanded the lady to hurry and swipe the card.

My objections to his words led to obnoxious screaming and jumping around. In order to not let me seem like a little retard in the building, he planted a kiss on my lips to shut me up. And that is exactly what I did. I smiled and let him proceed with the payment.

"Heh, is that why you didn't want me to buy such an expensive gift?" Loser.

"Now I owe you one, don't I?" I went on saying when I nonchalantly rested my head on his shoulder. It felt so perfect, as if it was always meant to be there.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and scooted a but closer to me while we were waiting for the purchase to be completed. The cashier is taking forever. Seriously, I bet she's a turtle in disguise. She's currently printing the long ass receipt for the refund crap. I'm pretty sure Louis won't be returning it anytime soon. But, frankly, I don't mind her taking such a long time. This way, I get to spend more quality time with Niall and find out if this thing going on between us is real or not.

And again, he still hasn't confirmed anything to me yet. Is this right?

After the never ending purchase for the soccer ball, it was time for me to get an outfit for tonight.

-- 

"Can I ask you a question?" Niall said out of the blue while we're walking down the street. Holy fucking crap. Is Niall James Horan going to ask me out right now? On the streets? Of London? My heart is beating 100 miles per hour. "Is there cake later? Aren't you and Danielle supposed to get it?"

And there goes my heart and its beating. "Oh." That was all that I was able to make come out of my mouth. "Uhh, I guess we can get it if we have time."

"What's the matter? Are you sweating? You sick?" He reached his hand from his pocket to my forehead. "No, that's not it. What's wrong?" The tone of his voice seemed worry. It made me smile. The way he cares about me even if I'm just sweating make me smile. I can't even understand how people can not instantly fall in love with this guy, well at least I did.

I gave him a reassuring shake of my head showing him that I am fine. "Why are you so nice, Niall? I bet you had plenty of girlfriends when you were younger. Or maybe you secretly have one right now?" And there goes my mouth again. What did I say Kayla Byrne? THINK BEFORE YOU TALK!