006

CHAPTER SIX

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

"scott told me that it has something to do with jackson's parents" nicholas said as she leaned against the locker next to selene's. the girl had been answering the boys questions about the kanima for the past hour.

"which ones?" selene asked as she stopped putting her books away so she could turn and face the boy.

"his real ones" nicholas whispered as he tilted his head down so he could be facing her.

"well, he's never mentioned them to me. do you know anything?" selene asked the boy, considering he had been friends with jackson for longer.

"always changes the subject when i ask" nicholas shrugged as she hiked his bag further up his shoulder.

as selene shut her locker they were met with the smiling face of stiles, causing selene to jump and the bang from her locker to create an echo throughout the halls. nicholas laughed at the girl, as she slapped two of her best friends arms.

"ow!" the lanky boy yelped as he moved away from the girl slightly, she rolled her eyes before leaning her back on her locker and facing him.

"i need one of you to speak to lydia with me" stiles said as he looked between the two, he hoped selene would, considering nicholas still slightly scared him.

selene was about to offer but when she saw allison walking towards the boys changing rooms the girl changed her mind, she pushed nicholas forward before beginning to walk away. "i need to speak to allison, i'll catch up" she said before turning and running.

nicholas turned to stiles with a large smile before throwing an arm around his shoulder "let's go, stilinski" the boy said as he tugged them in lydia's direction.

after getting to the other side of the hallway, stiles tugged the boys arm off as he readjusted his bag. "so, you and selene?" stiles asked trying to make conversation.

nicholas not understanding what he meant raised his eyebrow, "what about us?" the boy asked.

"you like her, don't you?" stiles asked more as a statement before nicholas burst out laughing.

"she's my bestfriend. and anyway i have had my eyes on someone else" nicholas said smirking as his eyes suddenly caught someones figure.

stiles turned his head to face whoever it was, the only person him recognising was erica. the boy turned between the two before gasping in realisation.

――――

selene had been walking with allison, finding out the girl was going to question jackson about his parents. she had taken her heels off considering the navy pumps were making too much noise. matt coming out of the changing rooms caused both girls to jump. selene grabbing allison's hand out of instinct, as a wave of magic was sent through the raven haired girls body. selene had put a protection spell on her, without even realising.