003

CHAPTER THREE

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

stiles had woken up a few hours later but then they had realised that erica had broken the piece of metal he needed to start the car. so stiles had called a tow truck and the two teenagers would only be able to get home after it's replaced. selene had called lydia and the girl had promised to cover to her mum for her. they now sat in the repair shop, well selene sat as stiles argued with the guy.

"hey! hey? wh-what do you think you're doing? all i needed was a starter!" the boy complained as he watched the man underneath of the car do all sorts of things to it.

"yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system had gotta be replaced here" the guy explained, looking sick of the teenage boy.

the girl was distracted from their conversation as she recieved a phone call from a private number, the girl was hesitant from answering it but did none the less. all she could hear was breathing for a second before she decided to speak first.

"hello?" she questioned as she pulled back to check if they were still on the phone.

"selene, it's derek. i need your help" the man requested, selene shocked considering she hadn't spoken to him since the police station.

"where are you?" she asked slightly worried as she stood up from where she sat. still in her clothes from earlier. the navy blue mini bodycon dress clung to her body outlining her figure. adjusting her leather jacket on top and her black heeled ankle boots the girl threw her hair into a half up and half down hairstyle before beginning to walk towards stiles still on the phone.

"i'll send the address, and a car to get you" the man said as she could hear groans in the background.

"do you even know where i-" she was cut off as he ended the call, she guessed he knew then.

"okay then..." she muttered to herself putting her phone away. "stiles, i have to go" the girl said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"how are you getting home?" he asked as he turned to the girl, not wanting her walking in the dark.

"i'll take a cab" she said squeezing his shoulder, before kissing his cheek and waving goodbye. the boy let a light blush take over his cheeks as he watched the girl walk away.

"girlfriend?" the guy fixing the car asked as he also watched her retreating figure with a smirk, stiles rolled his eyes as he looked at the man.

"friend" was all stiles said before taking a seat in the waiting area.

――――

after selene had left the repair shop, the creature that had killed isaac's dad had paralysed stiles and dropped his car on top of the repair guy. stiles had called selene and told her about what happened and needed to make sure the girl was safe and got home safe. she didn't tell him she was going to see derek so lied and said she was fine.