004

CHAPTER FOUR

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

selene had stiles drive her home the night of the attack, her body was shivering as she arrived at the pool. she couldn't be bothered to climb through lydia's window so instead approached the front door with her now dry leather jacket wrapped around her shoulders slightly.

the girl knocked a few times before switching feet to keep herself warm, a smiling natalie martin opened the door but the smile was soon replaced with a worried look before pulling the girl into the house and into a hug. selene couldn't help but let the tears out, she sobbed into the womens arms as she took in the warmth her mother figure provided.

lydia could hear from the top of the stairs and quickly made her way downstairs to see selene crying into her mothers arms. "what happened? why are you so wet?" natalie asked pulling away from the crying girl to look over her.

"i couldn't find stiles so i went to look for him by the pool cause i could hear his phone there, and it was wet so i slipped" she lied straight through her teeth as lydia went and grabbed a towel for selene to wrap herself in.

"honey" natalie martin said before pulling the girl into her side, selene didn't know why she was crying but she just couldn't stop.

maybe it was because she was so tired from the attack, or maybe because she felt something when she looked at the creature. it felt as though a part of her magic was drained from her, maybe because she knew deep down that she knew the monster they would have to take down.

――――

selene had fallen asleep next to lydia that night, as the strawberry blonde stroked her hair until she fell asleep. selene felt horrible for keeping so many secrets from her bestfriend, but she would've rather had her bestfriend think she was pushing her away than her be killed by a stupid kanima.

the next day at school she tried to act as if the night at the pool didn't happen as she walked to her first period. the girls mid-thigh pink floral dress which was covered by her brown leather jacket, complimented with pale pink espadrille wedges made the girl look almost angelic that morning. she had her hair wavy to cover the slight bruise on her shoulder she had recieved the night before after being thrown by scott.

although she may have looked prepared for the day, the girls mind was distracted as it could ever could be. her tote bag slightly slipped down her arm as she took a seat next to scott in class. stiles rushing in after her sitting behind the boy. he grabbed both of her their shoulders turning their heads to him. although selene's glare made him let go.

scott could smell her chemo-signals and was worried for the girl, he could tell she was stressed and upset? but he couldn't be sure. but he made sure to keep an extra eye on the girl that day.