014 ✧ the breakthrough (unedited)

Start from the beginning

namjoon looked at the gem with pleading eyes. he knew taehyung is the only one who could help hoseok.

taehyung looked at seokjin waiting for his confirmation. when his hyung nodded he looked at the men in front of him and smiled. "i will help him." he walked to hoseok and kneel in front of him. he looked back at them.

"after we both lose consciousness, take as inside. i won't guarantee how long it'll take, but please trust me." he didn't wait for any of their responses as he hold hoseok's head. both of his hands placed above of hoseok's own hands. he closed his eyes and connected his forehead to the older's forehead.

everyone was watching the scene before them carefully. they don't know what's happening, but they know it's serious. just like that, hoseok's glowing eyes returned to its original state his eyelids closing as he and taehyung lost consciousness falling to the ground together. the younger on top of hoseok's much larger body.

"let's go to the headquarters." seokjin said as he took taehyung's smaller body and carried him bridal style. namjoon nodded and carried hoseok behind his back. jimin, yoongi, and jungkook following behind them.

-

hoseok found himself back in the camp where he grew up and there he saw himself.

"mommy are u going to leave me here?" the 6 year old child asked his mother.

"hobi, we talked about this. you have to be here. they will be able to protect you from the bad guys." the mother said not being able to hold her tears anymore. she kneeled in front of her son and hugged him tightly. "i'm going to miss you, angel. you'll be safe here." she said before leaving her son. the child cried and yelled for his mommy, but to no avail, his mother did not look back.

the scenario changed and hoseok is now in a familiar garden.

the child is currently sitting alone on the grass, various flowers that he collected around him. he's happily making one of them flower crowns when a group of boys of his age snatched the flowers from his hands.

"hey, that's mine!" hoseok said attempting to take his flower crown back, but isn't successful to do so as the boy who took it is taller than him. "give it back." he whined.

the boys just laughed at how weak the boy looked. "you're a son of hades, right?" hoseok nodded.

"well you don't deserve to be one. hades would be embarassed to be your father! your weak and pathetic!" that's what it all took for hoseok to cry. the harsh words piercing his young heart making him think that it might also be the reason why his mother didn't want him.

"oh would you look at that? he's crying." one of the boys said, but was interrupted when the flowers they're holding turned into flames.

"fuck that hurts!" one of them yelled.

"yes, it hurts and i will burn your souls if you don't leave him alone." a pale boy intervened his eyes reflecting the flames of hell.

and so, the group of boys ran.

"hey, stop crying." the boy said. hoseok was scared of the boy in front of him and so he stopped crying. "what's your name?"

"hoseok." he said in a small voice.

"i'm min yoongi. son of hades, lord of the underworld." yoongi said proudly and lend his hand to him. hoseok admired how the boy in front of him looked so cool. he wished to be like him and so he took yoongi's hand.

"from now on, i will protect you from everyone and teach you everything i know. i am your big brother after all." hoseok smiled at the fact that yoongi acknowledged him as a son of hades as well. seeing the younger boy smile, yoongi's face that's usually void of any emotions is now smiling too.

"come, i'll introduce you to namjoon and kookie."

that day, he made friends.

"happy 15th birthday hoseok"

"wow, you did great hoseok!"

"hyung, hyung! we did it! we are now part of the quartet!

"i'm sure your mom is proud of you."

"you're indeed a son of hades."

seeing all the memories he had in the camp he felt like all of his fears didn't matter. all the doubts, the questions, the disaoppointments, all of them didn't matter.

"congratulations, hyung!"

hoseok turned around and he saw taehyung.

"tae, you-" the younger cut him off.

"i'm sorry if i looked into your memories, hyung. i had to show you the beautiful ones so you can forget all your fears and get through the breakthrough." he said smiling at him.

"thank you, tae, so much." hoseok said tears rolling down his eyes hugging the younger.

"we should go back hyung, they might be worried." as taehyung said those words, a blinding light invaded hoseok's vision.

-

waking up from a deep slumber, the first persons he saw are those who are most important to him; yoongi, namjoon, and jungkook. but that's not all, there with them is seokjin and jimin and as he turned his head to his right he saw lying beside him is a smiling taehyung.

hoseok felt loved.

🕯

vote & comment

HAPPY 10,000 READS!