Lost

Little: Jeongin

Caregiver: Hyunjin (ft SKZ (barely))

Stray Kids went hiking on one of the rare days they were off and they were excited as fuck. Jeongin, however, was so excited that he slipped into little space and refused to back out, claiming that he was "too happy" to do that. That meant that Hyunjin had to look after the snacks, the winding path and a hyperactive, wild little.

The members assembled themselves in a line as the path was narrow and was soon walking through a thick bush. Hyunjin had Jeongin in front of him and the rest of the members either in front of the pair or behind. Jeongin skipped happily in front of him, babbling about Mother Nature and the like.

Hyunjin let out a slight chuckle as he lumbered on behind. How he loved to see this side of Jeongin. It was like his innocence and curiosity had multiplied tenfold. Behind and in front of him, he heard the snatches of chattering from the rest of the members. They sounded light and carefree, which was rare due to their busy schedules and careers.

As Hyunjin turned back to the front, he was surprised to see Jeongin straying(straying lol) from the line, chasing a brightly coloured butterfly. "Woah, baby! Come back to Daddy before you get lost." The woods were so thick that the path could be barely seen between the leaves. "'M sowwy, Daddy! I saw a bwutterfwy! It 'twas bwack and bwue! "

Hyunjin sighed. How could he scold the adorable little? "I just don't want you getting lost, ok baby? Stick by daddy" Jeongin gave an enthusiastic nod and continued plodding up the steep path.

About ten minutes of hiking later, the members settled down for a picnic. Chan and Felix had packed a basket full of goodies that included bibimbap, hoeddeok and ddukbokki. Despite all the delicious foods, Chan had specially packed dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets, knowing that Jeongin lived off that and apple juice. All of the members watched in amusement when they saw Jeongin playing with his food.

"Rawrrr! Rawwwr!" Jeongin bounced the nuggets up and down and giggled. "Innie, darling, eat up, we still got an hour of hiking to do." Hyunjin gestured towards the container full of chicken nuggets and juice boxes. Jeongin nodded and stuffed both of his current nuggets into his mouth before grabbing more.

Fifteen minutes later, the food was packed up and the hike continued back to the beginning of the trail. Halfway through the return, a thunderstorm came rolling in, pelting hail and rain so harshly that Hyunjin could barely see. He yelled over the thunder and gestured frantically towards the rapidly disappearing trail. "Hurry! Before the trail disappears!"

Hyunjin sensed movements running towards the trail and ran down himself, sure that no one was behind him. He just assumed that the members had ran down the path, Jeongin included.

The thunderstorm died down by the time the all of the members (or so Hyunjin thought) reach the main center of the trail company. Minho counted head and was horrified to only count seven heads. "Oh shit, I think we left Jeongin behind!"

Meanwhile

Jeongin stumbled through the dripping woods, not far from the muddy trail, crying and screaming for his caregiver. "D-Daddy! D-d-daddy! W-where are y-you? I-i-innie is s-scared!" When no one answered his desperate calls, Jeongin crawled under a shady tree, shoulders shaking and muffled pleas escaping from his mouth, hoping for his Daddy to come for him.

Back at the Centre.

Hyunjin dropped his backpack and hurriedly ran back to the barely visible trail, his members following. Chan explained the plan. " We're gonna split up in different directions, hopefully seeing his red jacket or hear his cries, if we come back with no Jeongin, call police and searchers, ok?" Hyunjin didn't wait for the plan. He had to find his baby!

He ran up the trail, assuming that his members would follow, before going off the path and searching in between the trees and in the bushes. He searched up high to see if Jeongin had turned back to normal and climbed a tree. Nothing.

He was about to leave to search another part of the woods before he heard a noise that doesn't belong in a bush. A sniffle.

Whirling around, Hyunjin began to yell Jeongin's name. "Jeongin! Innie?! Baby?! If you can hear me, yell my name." Then he heard it. The tinest of voices, hoarse and desperate. "D-d-daddy? D-daddy!"

Hyunjin crashed through the bushes, not caring about his scratches and bruises. He ran and ran until he reached a huge oak tree surrounded by thick bushes, about 80 metres away from the trail. And nestled in the bushes, eyes puffy and red, voice hoarse and figure shaking, was Jeongin.

Hyunjin scooped him up and pressed kisses in his damp hair. " You're alright, Daddy's got you" Jeonjin sobbed into his shoulder and drew ragged breaths. " I-I-nnie t-thought t-that he w-was gonna b-be l-lost f-f-forever!" Hyunjin brought them both to the trail and carried Jeongin until they were back at the center.

All the other members rushed towards the pair, both worried at how late it was and elated at Jeongin being found. They agreed to go home and take a bath after this eventful day. Jeongin fell asleep in the car ride back home and was to be carried by Hyunjin into the dorms and upstairs to the bathroom. Eventually, the bath was taken and Hyunjin and his baby laid down on the bed, both in pajamas and falling asleep in each other's arms.