Chapter 9

Hayes' POV

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I sat up and walked to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before exiting.

I walked down the steps to see Nash cooking in the kitchen, while the guys slept in the living room. "Well hey there Hayes!" Nash smiled. I didn't say anything because I'm still mad about what happened at the skating rink.

"Look bro, I'm sorry for last night. I was being really stupid and I want you to forgive me." Nash looked really sincere. "Its okay. I'm sorry for snapping on you. I just got so jealous. I don't know what came over me." I said.

"Don't sweat it dude, you're in love." He smiled. "I guess I am." I smiled back. "If you want, me and the guys can help you win her over." Nash suggested. "That would be amazing!" I said.

I ran out of the kitchen and woke up the guys. We all sat at the table and ate the breakfast that Nash made.

As we finished eating, Nash told the guys about helping me win Grace over.

"That's a really good idea." Cam said. "Ooh. Hayes is puttin' on the big pants today!" Taylor laughed. We all laughed.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Matt asked. Everyone stopped laughing and looked at me and Nash.

"Well I was thinking.................."

Grace's POV

I woke up around 10 am. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I walked downstairs and saw Alana and Jake cuddling on the couch.

"Morning lovebirds!" I said. "Hey" they both said. I went in the kitchen a made myself a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I sat at the table and checked my phone.

*Bzzzz* New text message from Hayes💙

Hayes💙- morning beatiful. go put on something nice and be ready by noon.😏

Me- morning and umm.... ok?

*end of convo*

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11:00. I quickly put my bowl into the sink and ran upstairs. I took a quick shower and put on a pair of white skinny jeans, a light gray LA sweater and my gray jordans.

I walked back into the bathroom and curled my hair. I put on my LA Reckless snapback and walked downstairs.

"Where do you think you're going all dressed up?" Jake raised an eyebrow at me.

"On a date with Hayes, I think." I said. "I never approved of this so called 'date'." he said.

"Jake, leave Grace alone. You can go, don't mind you're brother." Alana said, "You look very beautiful."

"Thanks" I said and flashed a smile. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 11:55. I guess Hayes will be here soon.

*five minutes later*

*knock, knock, knock*

"I'll get it!" I yell, running to the door. I opened the door and saw Cameron. He was wearing a black muscle tee, jeans and black vans.

"Oh, hey Cam!" I smiled.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"For what?" I am beyond confused.

"Your date with Hayes silly. You sure look ready." he said looking me up and down.

"Oh duhh. Yes I am ready." I blushed. I'm so dumb.

I grabbed my phone and walked out the door. I saw a black Mercedes Benz in the driveway.

"Oh. My. Gosh." I whispered to myself. Cam opened the door for me and I got in. He got in and started to drive. I honestly had no idea where this date was supposed to be.

*skip car ride*

Cam pulled the car in front of the mall. I saw Matt sitting on a bench. He looked up and started walking towards us. He opened my door and helped me out of the car.

"Someone looks gawgeous today." Matt smiled. I smiled back as we walked through the doors of the mall. I turned around and saw Cam pull off in the car.

We walked all around the mall and then into the food court and sat at a table. I went on my phone and saw that it was 12:45. I have no idea what's going on, I just want to go on this date already. Maybe they're planning this....

My thoughts were interrupted by someone tapping my shoulder. It was Taylor. I looked around and saw that Matt was gone.

"Umm... Hi Taylor." I managed to say. He smiled and grabbed my hand. He took me around the mall, just like Matt did, but this time we stopped in front of the movie theater. Taylor looked at me and said, "Okay babe, stay here and don't leave no matter what."

"Okay?" I said, but it cam out as a question. He chuckled at my answer, then walked away. I AM SO CONFUSED! It's now 1:00 and I'm still not with Hayes yet. I sat on a bench in front of the movie theater. I'm honestly starting to get really pissed because I've been at this for an hour and still haven't gotten to Hayes.

- - 20 minutes later - -

I am two seconds away from calling Jake to tell him to pick me up. I've been sitting in front of this movie theater for 20 freaking minutes. I unlocked my phone and dialed Jake's number. I was about to press call, but I heard something that made me stop.......

I looked up and saw Shawn walking towards me. He was playing his guitar and singing Stay by Rihanna. His voice was so beautiful!

All along it was a fever

A cold sweat hot headed believer

I threw my hands in the air, said, Show me something

He said, If you dare, come a little closer

Round and around and around and around we go

Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it

Something in the way you move

Makes me feel like I can't live without you

It takes me all the way

I want you to stay

Now he was standing in front of me and I was almost in tears. He was actually singing to me.

"Oh. My. God. Shawn!" I said as he finished. "What is all this about?" I asked. "This" he said. He stepped to the left to reveal Hayes on one knee with flowers. All the guys stood behind him. I couldn't believe what was happening.

"Grace Liberty Collins, will you make me the happiest person alive and be my girlfriend?" he asked. My jaw literally dropped. I was starting to tear up. I looked around and noticed that there was a crowd around us. A lot of people were recording.

I looked back at Hayes. I nodded my head yes. "Oh my god... YES!" I yelled. Hayes smiled and came over to me. I pulled him into a kiss and everybody started cheering. Hayes had his hands around my waist and I had mine around his neck. We pulled away and hugged.

"Now, lets go see a movie." Hayes said. He held my hand in his and we walked through the cheering crowd into the movie theater.

This was the best day of my life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm back!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

This was my favorite chapter to write so far. Thank you guys for over 1k reads! I'm so happy and I can't believe this many people like my book...

I love you guys sooooooo much!