Chapter 21

Grace's POV

He just stared at me. He had no facial expression, his icy blue eyes stared into my chocolate brown ones. Then he stood up and left. The guys look back at me to see what I would do. I'm not about to chase this boy, that's for sure.

My eyes flickered back and forth from the boys to the door. I sighed and turned back around to order. "Everything okay," Shawn whispered after paying for our pizza. "Nope. We're gonna have hell to pay when we get back to the hotel," I sigh. "We? As in me and you," he freaks. I nodded.

Shawn and I sat at a table with our pizza. "Why us?" he asked frantically. "I wish I knew what exactly is going on but, all I know is that Hayes didn't look happy to see us," "When?" "A few minutes ago. He was here, with the guys."

Shawn shook his head. Neither of us knew what to say or do. Hell, I don't know what's really going on anyway. I just sat and ate my pizza. "Y'all ready to head back?" Mahogany asked. "Yeah," I smiled. I got up and threw our trash away.

We piled into another taxi and went back to the hotel. We payed our driver, went inside and to the elevator. I let out a breath. Now I have to deal with Hayes.

* Ding *

I got off the elevator and made my way down the hall. I saw the guys heading our way; Hayes in front. He looked up and saw me and Shawn. "Well," he started, "when were you planning on telling me, Grace?" "Hayes, what are you talking about?"

"I don't wanna play games. Why are you cheating on me?" His voice grew louder and filled with anger. "Guys, not in the hallway," Aaron said. We went into the nearest room which happened to be his.

"Hayes what the hell are you talking about?" I jump back in. "You and Shawn. That's what the hell I'm talking about!" "I was helping him with his song!" "Why were you two so touchy downtown then?" "Because I told him that I would take him to my uncle's studio in... wait why the fuck am I explaining myself to you? I'm out!" I yelled and moved through everyone and went down to my room.

The first thing I did was start the shower; my thinking place. I took off my clothes and hopped in. Time to think.

Why would he think I'm cheating?

Does he not trust me?

Why doesn't he trust me?

Why would I date him just to cheat?

A knock on the door disrupted my thoughts. "Grace, Jake wants to talk to you," Megan whispered. I quickly finished washing and cut the shower off. I put on a robe and went back into the room. My wet hair dripped as I walked.

Jake was sitting in one of the chairs on the other side of the room. He say up when he saw me. "Grace, are you okay?" I nodded. "I'm fine besides the fact that my boyfriend thinks I'm cheating," I spit sarcastically. I grabbed some pajamas and went back to the bathroom.

I continued to talk to Jake as I changed. "Just give him some time and space," he went on as I slid into my shorts and top, "he needs to think about it." "And what about me!" I almost yell while finishing my braid. "What about me. Ya know, I was the one that was falsely accused of cheating! Now you're telling me that he's the one that needs space and some time?"

"Grace rel-" "I'm tired; I'm going to bed. You should do the same." I end the conversation as I crawl into bed. Jake looks at me with sad eyes. "Yeah, you're right. Goodnight G," he ran his fingers through his brown hair. He looked at me one last time before leaving.

"How'd it go?" I hear the girls ask. "I would talk to her until morning; let her calm down for tonight." he said and closed the door behind him.

I turned on my side underneath the fluffy hotel blanket. My head was resting on the cool side of the pillow. I need some sleep.

-

4:00 A.M.

"Grace, wake up. We gotta get ready," Megan lightly shook me. I groaned and turned over. I blinked my eyes as they adjusted to the red numbers on the digital clock beside me. 4:00 A.M., flight leaves at 7:00.

I rolled off the bed onto the floor. I grabbed a pair of floral print joggers, a white crop top and my white converse. I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and change. I slid quickly into my clothes and threw my hair into a messy bun.

I packed up my things that weren't already in my bag. Surprisingly, all of that only took me about 15 minutes. I zipped my suitcase and slipped my phone into my pocket. Smaller things like my wallet, charger, and earphones went into my cross-body bag. Megan gave me a nod, telling me that everyone was ready. I picked up my bags and walked out into the hall. Once half of us somehow fit into one elevator, we gave Bart our room keys.

In the lobby, Bart went to check us out and the rest of us went out to the limo. None of said anything, obviously too tired or still half asleep. We filed in one by one after loading the trunk with out bags. I sat on Jake's lap, snuggled into his chest. He slowly rubbed my back because he knew I was falling back to sleep. I want to tell him that I'm sorry for snapping at him last night; I was just really irritated.

As we rode along, everyone slowly started talking. As for me, I was trying to sleep but they didn't know I was still awake. "Dude, just talk to her. Hear her out," I hear Aaron whisper. The little chatter that was going on had stopped. It was kinda making me uncomfortable. "I promise you, she wasn't cheating on you with me. She just helped me with that song I've been working on forever," Shawn chimed in. I could hear Hayes huff and stir around in his seat. "Is that really what happened, Shawn," he asked sternly. "Yeah. I asked her to listen to it. Then she promised that in New York she'd take me to her uncle's studio. I'd never hurt you like that man," Shawn spoke.

Nobody said anything afterwards. I'm guessing everyone had to process what was said. Now that they're quiet, I can actually get some sleep...

-

-

-

-

Another long overdue chapter😁😁 I'm actually trying to write multiple chapters at once so I can just update regularly.

Don't forget to check out my other book Breaking Bad || J.G I actually update that one more often... oops 😂

Be sure to vote/comment/follow❤️❤️

~Jazzy