Chapter 7

Grace's POV

* ding dong *

Jake ran over to the door and opened it. I was excited to see that it was the pizza guy.

"Yassss! Pizza time!" I yelled. I ran into the the kitchen to set the table.

Alana and I patiently waited while Jake paid for the pizza. He walked into the kitchen with 3 boxes of pizza.

"Cheese for G-G, pepperoni for Al and sausage for me!" Jack said.

Yes, we all get our own box of pizza. It makes everything even. I get plain cheese every time because it's my absolute favorite.

I finished my pizza and went back up to my room. My Friday night is getting pretty boring. Just as I reached for my phone, Jake yells my name.

"Grace! Come downstairs." he yells. I groan and get off my bed.

I walked down the stairs and made my way to Jake. He was standing at the door talking to someone.

"Hey Grace." I heard. I looked and saw Hayes standing on our porch.

"Oh.. hi Hayes." I say. "I'm so sorry about not walking home with you. I got caught up with football." he explained.

"It's okay. I figured you were busy anyway." I stated. "I want to make it up to you. Let's go roller skating!" he cheered.

"Sure!" I say. I invited him inside while I went to go get ready. I was still in my clothes that I wore from school. I curled my hair and put on lipgloss. I was kind of nervous because I have no idea how to skate. AT ALL.

I walked downstairs to see Jake, Hayes and Alana talking. It actually looked like Hayes and Jake were getting along.

"So Hayes how are we getting there?" I ask. I didn't really think about it until now. "Alana and I can go with you. Did you really think I was going to leave you alone with a boy?" Jake laughed. Ughh. Over-protective brother mode activated.

"That works. My brother and some of his friends are going too, so they can just meet us there." Hayes said. With that we all got into the car and headed to the rink.

Hayes' POV

When we got into Jake's car, I pulled out my phone to text Nash.

Me- Grace's bro is giving us a ride to the rink. ill meet you and the guys there

Trash Nash😂- ok but bro do you like this girl?

Me- yea....... KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT!

Trash Nash😂- 🙊😏😏

*end of convo*

Now that I think about it, I really do have feelings for Grace. I don't think I should tell her yet since we just became friends a few days ago.

"OH MY GOD!!" Grace yelled breaking the silence. "THIS MY JAM!" Then she started singing the words to No Diggity by Blackstreet. (that song was playing while I was writing lol)

Shorty get down, good Lord,

Baby got 'em open all over town,

Strictly bitch, you don't play around,

Cover much ground, got game by the pound,

Getting paid is a forte,

Each and every day, true player way,

I can't get her out of my mind,

I think about the girl all the time...

Grace's voice was beautiful. I looked at her with my mouth wide open.

"Whoops. I forgot I was around people." she mumbled. "No, don't be. You have a really nice voice." I complimented. She started to blush.

We pulled up to the skating rink parking lot and parked. We paid for our rental skates and started to lace up.

Grace's POV

When we got our skates I got pretty nervous. I finally got them laced up and tried to get up.

"Need some help?" Hayes asked laughing. I nodded my head and he grabbed my hand. For those few seconds, having our hands touch felt so right.

When I got up I wobbled over to the lockers. Hayes and I put our shoes in one, while Jake and Alana put theirs in another. I locked the locker with its key and put the key into my pocket.

Hayes grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the rink. I squeezed his hand as we rolled onto the slippery wooden floor.

"Hayes, have I mentioned that I have no freaking idea how to skate?" I shrieked as I tried to keep from falling. "I kind of guessed by how tight you're holding onto me." he said.

He started to teach my how to skate and I was slowly getting better. "Skate by the wall for now but try to balance yourself." he told me. I did as he said. I did a few laps close to the wall.

"Good! Now skate a little towards the middle." He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the wall. He wrapped his hand around my waist and we started to skate together.

It was hard considering I was holding Hayes, dodging people and balancing all at once. I saw Jake and Al skate by. They skate really well. "Watch those hands, Grier!" Jake yelled as he saw us. Hayes and I just laughed.

I was having a lot of fun with Hayes. I think I was starting to develop feelings for him. Wait, Grace, snap out of it. Liking the guy who used to bully you is crazy!

I just can't help but fall for those crystal blue eyes and sweet smile. Grace seriously, stop it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I feel like I haven't updated in so long. I plan on trying to update every Saturday. Right now I just do it whenever I think about it, which is awful! But anyway thanks for so many reads !!! Last time I checked I was almost at 300! Thanks you guys and make sure to vote and follow!!