Chapter 23

Quick a.n.// I have a surprise for you at the end of the chapter😊 enjoy😘

Grace's POV

We just got to the hotel in Nashville and I still haven't talked to Hayes yet. "Hey Grace, wanna come see the city with us?" Mahogany asks. I shake my head, "Nah, I'm gonna get some sleep. Have fun though!" "Well do you want me to stay?" Megan asked. "No, I'm fine. Go. Have fun," I smile. They nodded and walked out.

I laid on my bed and got on my phone. I haven't been on snapchat so I decided to post a video. It wasn't much; just the view from my window. I uploaded it and looked around. I'm kinda hungry now. I look up some of the features of this hotel and see that there's a snack bar downstairs.

I put my phone, room key, and wallet in my pocket and walk out. I walk down into the elevator and press the button to take me to the lobby. As I get off, I bump into someone. "Grace?" I look up and see Hayes' beautiful blue eyes. "Can we please work this out. It's killing me," he pleads. "Yeah, come on," I say, grabbing his arm.

I pull him up to the snack bar and buy us some candy. We go back into the elevator and back upstairs. His room came before mine so we just went to his. "Why'd you stay back?" I ask. "I was thinking of how to talk to you. But they didn't tell me that you were still here too," he explained. "Yeah, same," I sit next to him. "So, let's talk," I say. "Well, I told you I was sorry so I won't do that again. Tell me what happened with Shawn," he says. "But you already know-" "I wanna hear your side."

Okay then. "Well, Mahogany and Megan were still in the salon so I went upstairs. I bumped into Shawn and he told me he was struggling with his song. I told him that I would help, and I did. I even promised him that once we got to New York that I'd take him to my uncle's studio. He was beyond thankful and happy, then the girls and I invited him to get pizza with us. That's when you saw us," I say. I look over at Hayes and see him looking at the ground.

"I feel like such an ass," he puts his head in his hands. "Hayes, you're not an ass. It's okay, I forgive you," I put my hand on his shoulder. He snaps his head up and jumps on me. "I love you, know that?" He said in between kisses. I giggle and nod. "Okay get off me lover-boy," I playfully push him. He sits up and looks around. "Wanna eat candy and watch a movie?" he asks. I nod in agreement and grab the candy that I bought. I put it on his bed and he ordered a movie. I got under the blankets and snuggled next to him. I ripped open a bag of candy and watched.

-

"Looks like the two lovebirds made up," Carter said when he walked in. "Thank god. Now Hayes can stop looking so depressed," Nash laughed. "Oh shut up," Hayes said. I just looked at them and laughed. "What time is it anyway?" I ask. We just finished our second movie and I haven't checked my phone. "Just struck 5:00," Jake walks in, "don't know about you guys but I'm hungry. Let's go eat." We all nodded and got up.

We decided to go down to the restaurant in the lobby. Hayes and I walk hand-in-hand down the hallway. I've actually missed this even though it's only been a day or two. As we wait for the elevator, I lean into Hayes' chest while he plays with my hair.

"Would you guys mind not being so cute and cuddly," Taylor jokes. "Oh shut up," I giggle and stick my tongue out at him. The elevator opened with a ding and we all got in. It wasn't that roomy but I didn't mind being squished against Hayes.

We enter the lobby and make our way to the restaurant. They probably don't have a table big enough for all of us but whatever. As we wait, Hayes rests his head on my shoulder. His breath warms my neck and sends chills down my spine.

-

-

-

-

I know this chapter is shorter but I wanted to give you an excerpt of my new fanfic.

Mr. Perfect || Jack J.

The droplets of water on my tan skin had already started to evaporate as I walked. I sat on my towel underneath of our umbrella and let out a sigh; "I love the beach."

"Laani, look out-" Donny semi-yells over the noisy beach. I turn around and see a ball flying towards me. I quickly reached out and grabbed it before it hit me. "Shit," I breathe. "Nice hands, sis," Travis laughs. Of course he would find that funny.

I stand up and go to hand the ball back to the guy who threw it. He ran over to me and immediately apologized. "Oh gosh, I'm really sorry. Did I hit you?" "No. I caught just in time," I smile. I mean I'm not gonna bitch about it. It wasn't that big a deal.

As I talk to this guy, I look over some of his features; nice blonde hair, cute smile, and soft blue-green eyes. "My name's Jack, by the way," he smiles. "Laani," I smile back. "I should probably let you head back to your friends," he motions towards them, "see you around maybe?" "If you're lucky," I say and walk away.