Chapter 28

Grace's POV

Our plane landed hours later and my mom and I went to baggage claim. We picked up our bags then made our way outside. Mom said that her sister is picking us up.

I immediately spotted her when the doors opened. "Aunt Mack!" I smiled and hugged her. She gave me a big hug and smiled at my mom. "Mackenzie, thank you for the ride," my mom smiles. "No problem baby sis."

Aunt Mack helps us put our bags in the trunk before we leave. She drives us from LAX to our new home– which isn't far from hers.

I take in all the beautiful sights as we drive. It's way prettier than North Carolina. I texted Nash and Jake to let them know we made it to Cali in one piece.

Aunt Mack had her AC on high in the car but I was still really hot. The humidity outside was making me sweat like crazy in these joggers. I should've worn shorts.

Thankfully we pulled up to my new house before I could form a puddle of sweat. From the outside, It was beautiful and it sat not too far from the beach. We had a nice porch too. Mom went up to the door and unlocked it. When we walked in, we were faced with a really big open room.

On the left was the living room and on the right was the kitchen. This whole area had lots of sunlight shining in. The kitchen was big too, and had granite countertops.

"This is amazing!" I gasped. "There's more," mom smiled. There was a hallway ahead of us. I followed her through and we came across more rooms. One was just a small open room and the other was a dining room. The small room had a door that lead to the backyard.

I opened it and stepped onto the smooth wooden deck. The yard was huge. There was a pool, a trampoline, a patio, and a shed. But still, there was more.

We walked back to the living room where we found the stairs. Upstairs there were three bedrooms and three bathrooms. We started with my parents' room– which was huge. Along with their bathroom and closet. Then we went into the guest bedroom. It was also a nice size with a bathroom. Then, the best for last. My room and bathroom.

It was way bigger than I imagined. I ran to the closet and it was also big. It was a walk-in that was really wide. I'd need to buy more clothes to fill it up.

My bathroom was nice too. There was a really big mirror above the sink and pretty lights. I had a lot of space in here too.

There was a set of French doors on the other side of my room. I opened them and it lead to a balcony that overlooked the backyard. My parents had one as well. I couldn't be more satisfied with this house.

Mom and Aunt Mack went downstairs to check on the shipment of our new furniture while I stayed in my room. I sat down on the floor and took out my phone. I dialed the first number I thought of. Hayes.

Oh, that's right. He's mad at me. I went through my phone and decided to text Nash instead. I told him about how much I love the house, but already miss them a lot. I agreed to FaceTime him later so I can talk to him and the guys.

Dad should be here tomorrow, as well as our boxes and new furniture. Instead of sleeping on the floor, we're spending the night with my aunt.

She wants to take us out to dinner with my uncle and cousins tonight. We're supposed to meet them at the restaurant. I feel like I should change into something more suitable for the heat... good thing the are some clothes in my suitcase.

I went out to Aunt Mack's car and opened my suitcase. I found a pair of shorts to wear and went back inside. I took off my joggers and put on the shorts. I folded my joggers and put them into my backpack.

Before dinner, we're supposed to go sight seeing in the area. It was time to go by the time I was done. I grabbed my bag and went back downstairs.

"Ready kid?" Aunt Mack smiles. "Yup. Lead the way," I perk up. We follow her out of the house and back to her car.

She starts off by showing us where the mall and shopping centers are. Then the bowling alley, skating rink, movie theaters and all that fun stuff.

As we drove, I stared out the window. There were hot guys everywhere. I think I'm gonna like it here.

-

-

-

-

This took sooooo long for me to write... my bad.

I'm working on another book so expect to see an excerpt from that soon

xoxo 💜