Chapter 27

Grace's POV

"He's just upset, honey," mom says. "Mom, we leave tomorrow and he hasn't said a word to me since I told him. He hates me," I sob. I'm currently am emotional wreck after Hayes decided to ignore me for a week after telling him about moving.

"His loss. If he wants to be a little dick about it let him," Jake says. "Jake!" my mom gasps. "Mom, it had to be said. This little shit face is the reason she's always crying," he says.

"Grace, don't stress about it. We want you to be happy when we leave tomorrow," my dad rubs my back. "Yeah, I guess you're right," I sigh.

I stand up from the couch and head to my room. Tonight will be the last time I sleep in here. I still just can't get over the fact that Hayes won't talk to me. But, I guess I won't force him to. I mean, I've tried to explain why we're moving so suddenly but he obviously doesn't want to hear it.

I laid back in my bed and covered myself with a small blanket. I don't need to be worried about him right now; I'm about to move across the country.

I turn on my side and close my eyes. I need to be happy tomorrow. I'm moving to such a beautiful state.

"Wake up, big head!" I hear. My eyes flutter open and I see Jake hovering over me. "Moving day," I whisper with a slight smile on my face. Jake leaves my room as I get up to get ready. I freshened up in the bathroom before going to get dressed. I put on some joggers, a tank top and flip flops. I threw my hair up into a bun and grabbed my backpack.

I filled it with my phone, charger, earbuds, a book and some magazines for the flight. I walked downstairs to see my parents and Jake in the kitchen. The plan was for my mother and I to fly out first while the guys stayed back to make sure the boxes got shipped out.

My dad will drive out with the movers later. Jake is staying in an apartment with Alana and won't be coming with us. As we got ready to leave, I gave Jake a big hug. "I'll miss you!" I sigh. "I'll miss you to G," he laughed. "Have fun in college. But not too much fun," I wink at him. He slightly pushes me and I walk out the front door.

Dad put our bags in the car already and was set to go. I hopped in the back seat and put on my seatbelt. The airport is about 45 minutes away and I think you know how I'll spend that time; sleeping.

-

[Nash] Hey Grace... heard you're movin. I'll miss ya kiddo

[me] yeah. #Calibound. I'll miss you too

[Nash] I just want you to know that this isn't easy for Hayes either. I know he seemed pretty pissed at you last week but now... he's real upset

[me] I wouldn't know since he's ignored me all week. I tried to end things positively with him but he just wouldn't listen

[Nash] just give him some time. He'll get over it

[me] I don't have time. I'm at the airport. Like now.

[Nash] Oh shit. I didn't know you were moving so soon. But, I get how you feel

[me] look, I gotta go. We're about to board the plane now

[Nash] Alright. Be safe Grace

[me] I will!! Bye Nash

I push my phone back into my pocket while I board the plane. Thankfully, I got a window seat. I plopped down next to my mom and let out a sigh.

"Everything okay?" she asked. I nod my head and turned to face her, "yeah. I'm cool. I was just talking to Nash." "What'd he say?" she questioned. "Well, he just wanted to tell me that he'll miss me and that Hayes is just upset," I say.

She pats me on my shoulder and looks at me with sympathetic eyes. I know she didn't mean for any of this to happen, but it's not her fault. I give her a reassuring smile. I'll be okay. I can't (and won't) sit around and wait for Hayes to talk to me. Plus, there may be some hot guys in Santa Monica. Hopefully.

-

-

-

-

I forgot to add in an author's note😂😁

Thanks for being so patient with my slow updating 😁 BUT I'm working on other books that I haven't published yet😊

Love youuu

xoxo