Ch 30- False Alarms

-Drake-

I couldn't help the screech that came out of me. However, controlling my vocal cords was not my top priority right now, but rather fending off the gremlin attacking me. As desperately as I tried to stop the undignified squeaks and screeches, I was virtually helpless.

"pötŚ! éeeEEeËssssSŚśSŠÈeeęłllppP!" I was at least able to resist the urge to kick and buck him off of me which could hurt him. Armen's attempt at a battle cry rung out as he continued his relentless attacks.

"Admit it! You have lost!"

"OÓoōNNÑnnN!"

"Come on drake! You've lost!"

-15 minutes earlier-

"Hey Drake?" After a solid 20 minutes of silence, Armen's voice broke me out of my train of thought. I was mindlessly drawing scribbles into the dirt and half heartedly gave a hum of acknowledgement.

"Do you... do you think that we will ever be able to live normal lives?" I stilled and look at him for a hard moment and shrugged.

"wõnk t'nOd Į...." it was hard to tell these days. Our lives have never exactly been normal. Even in the three years of relative peace after we thought we killed Herobrine, things weren't exactly normal. We still looked over our shoulders, afraid that He might come back or that someone or something was waiting in the shadows for us. Always afraid of what the future might hold. Wondering if we were going to truly be at peace and free. Afraid if the demon that took so many things from us and the world.

"I'm sorry. I can't understand you and yet I am still trying to have a conversation like you can properly respond." He looked down at his lap and stared at his hands. I gave another noncommittal grunt and hoped that he understood that it's ok.

Looking back at my random scribbles and runes in the dirt, I failed to notice the mischievous grin that spread on his face and getting up and creeping over to me.

Suddenly a force plowed into my side and an onslaught of poking and prodding left me too stunned to do anything before the attacks began with a battle cry from one delinquent named Armen. The embarrassing squeaks and noises that followed suit were the least of my problems.

-Present-
-Grayson-

Hearing Armen and Drake both scream has sent all of us into a sprint into the directing we knew them to be. However, the scene before us when we finally found them was the last thing we expected. I was already on the defensive and ready to fight someone.

Instead of fighting and eminent danger, we found the two of them doing the last thing anyone expected and to be honest, once the initial shock and fear dissipated I have to admit it was kind of a wholesome sight one I was able to make out what was happening.

Drake was being rendered helpless on the ground in a heap of weird huffing, wheezing, and squeaking noises that we had previously identified as an endermen version of laughter. Armen was practically on top of the downed endermen as he was apparently tickling and poking him. Huh, never knew that Drake could be this ticklish.

"What's going on we heard screa-" Mia was cut off as she stumbles up next to me. The confusion evident on her face too. We both looked at each other and broke into fits of laughter at the absurdity of the two before us. Collin just chuckled and shook his head. It also seemed that both Armen and Drake were unaware of our presence because when they heard us and took notice, both jumped and let out a surprised yelp. Armen scrambled backwards and staggered to his feet which Drake teleported a few feet back and hurriedly got to his feet. Unfortunately in his panic, he failed to noticed the tree to his left that he proceeded to smack into and calm back in his rear end with a dazed oof.

This only made me and Mia laugh harder to the point of tears and Collin gave an exasperated sign while muttering an "oh lord, what are we going to do with you two".

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......... yea I honestly have no idea what happened. I got busy and had some medical problems come up and then I guess this book just slipped my mind for a while. Well I am so sorry for the sudden disappearing act again.... I did make a promise that I'll finish this book and I do intend to keep it. So here I am and here I will be!

-Silent Artist