Part 1: Cold

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep

That would be Weiss' alarm. Easily filling the room and potentially waking the whole entire dorm. Her phone vibrated and was decently close to diving off the end of her table before she turned it off and placed it on her belt. She was already awake. Already dressed, ready for the day. She looked at her scar in the mirror and sighed. Every morning she would stare at her imperfection on her formerly perfect face. It inspires her to ensure that it never happens again. Weiss' family wasn't particular giving or supportive of her dreams and this one scar, a single imperfection is a reminder of that slashed across her left eye. Just reminiscing on it now made her blood hot and cold all at once. Boil with the rage that the people she was meant to rely on have long since abandoned her, and freeze to protect her heart from being chipped at any further. Forget. Move on. Evolve. Improve. It's all one can do when faced with such circumstances. A pair of sky-blue eyes glided between the 3 beds. Her new family was fast asleep. The family she chose. Yang, Blake and especially Ruby have taught the ice queen how to feel again. Watching Blake in the embrace of peaceful sleep can almost distract one from the fact she's a skilled combatant. Above her, on a bed suspended on a stack of books, slept Yang. While Weiss couldn't exactly "see" her, the snorting and snoring painted a very clear image of the blonde's face in Weiss' head. Her eyes widened as Weiss remembers her schedule for today.

A cold, professional facial expression, solidified her resolve. Ruby and Weiss were scheduled to train today and improve their coordination. Her combat skirt, swayed with each step as she approached Ruby's bed to wake her. "Ruby, come on you promised comb-" Ruby wasn't there. This was rather unusual, Weiss had known Ruby for the better part of a year and not once had she ever been one to wake up early - or on time for that matter. She turned around to see her two other teammates were still fast asleep, Blake curled up in a ball purring and Yang spread across her mattress like a rag doll. "Odd" Weiss thought to herself as she hopped off the top bunk. She whipped her head from one side of the room to another investigating for a hint as to where her teammate would have gone. The bathroom, the desks, under the beds, in Yang's bed for a nightmare. None of them had any clues as to the whereabouts of her friend. It was childish. Pathetic and childish. Ruby's responsibilities as team leader go far beyond her training with Weiss. Its unacceptable. Weiss' hand curled into a fist and slammed into the cabinet, creaking it open slightly. Looking in the cracked opening revealed a red cape, corset, boots and stockings, all gone. Ruby's clothes were gone. A wave of regret and shame poured over Weiss like mud, weighing and tugging on her soul. Her partner didn't let her down, she just left early.

Cured of any foul mood, Weiss strutted through the extensive hallways to the stairwell, her heels clacking down on the wooden floorboard. A sigh came from the stairwell and as Weiss arrived there, she peered down it to investigate. Carrying two bags full of groceries was a familiar red-haired warrior. "Pryhha!" Weiss called at her friend with a cartoonish grin. However her kind greeting was cut short as a yelp sent Pyrhha tumbling down a couple steps and losing her bags to the floor. "Sorry!" Weiss kneels down in front of her and packs the food back into the plastic bags. Sweat dripped from her brow, passing her wide eyes of panic. The smell of orange juice had seeped into the red carpet, half a carton fleeing from its containment and finding a new unwelcome home that expanded to Pyrrha's sole. As time crept closer and a reaction for Pyrhha was shortly upon her, Weiss' eyes imagined the scenarios that would take place after this. Her imagination took pessimism to a new extreme. Just as her horrors began to materialise in her brain - ranging from expulsion to cleaning the building as retribution, they were wiped hazed by a faint giggle. Weiss stopped packing the bag. She caught the breathe that had since ran away from her so valiantly. "What's wrong?" Weiss pouted as she raised her eyes to meet Pyrhha's. The school's best fighter had her hand on her forehead and laughed a hearty chuckle. Her laugh was so melodic that it did well to soothe the panic and stress. So much so it brought Weiss' face to an unexpected smile. With some time to collect herself, Pryhha gave a small, reserved wave in Weiss' face and helped herself up, "No Weiss, I'll clean this up, I shouldn't have been off in my own little world" Pryhha crouched down with a sincere smile to offer Weiss a hand. Nodding, Weiss happily accepted the allowance to leave and proceeded to dust her skirt afterwards, "Thank you so much Pyrhha, I would love to talk but Ruby is expecting me". Knelt down to collect her groceries, the red-head only gave one nod and a smile to send Weiss on her way.