forty one

/DOUBLE UPDATE, MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS!/

{don't say it}

10:32am

Yoongi was right about a storm coming. 

Seated side by side on the lounge of the tattoo parlour, Jimin and Yoongi both huddled under the only blanket in the store. The temperature had plummeted this morning, so the both of them simply leaned against one another, bundling up together as their eyes settled on the scene outside. 

The rain poured down incessantly, filling the air with a full body chill. Yoongi found himself sinking back into the comfort of the lounge, watching as the drops chased each other down the glass. 

As the sky rumbled and shook he felt completely at peace. These were his favourite kind of days where he didn't have to feel bad about not leaving the house. Strangely, he usually spent these days alone... but being by Jimin's side didn't seem to bother him as much as he thought it would. 

Beside him, he felt Jimin shift in place. Yoongi's eyes darted over to the male, brows furrowing when he noticed Jimin typing away at his phone. The light of the screen illuminated Jimin's soft features, and Yoongi found himself pausing for a moment before he spoke up, "Who are you texting?"

Not lifting his gaze, Jimin responded softly, "Taehyung."

Yoongi rose a brow under his mess of blonde hair, "Is there something wrong with them or-?"

"Nothing's wrong." Jimin chuckled, resting his head against Yoongi's shoulder as he showed him the phone screen, "He's just complaining about how Jungkook's about to force him to watch a horror movie." He smiled, earning a nod from Yoongi before he switched off the phone screen and tossed it aside. 

The pair fell back into a comfortable silence, the soft sound of rain pattering against the windows soothing to their ears as they simply sat and listened. The blanket almost wasn't warm enough, because soon Yoongi found himself beginning to shiver. He clasped his hands together under the fabric, shrinking back into the lounge for as much warmth as possible... he knew he should've fixed that stupid heater months ago. 

Jimin seemed to notice, because in one effortless motion the younger male wrapped an arm around Yoongi's shoulders and pulled him close. Despite the heaviness now present in Yoongi's stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of his body pressed against Jimin's. He sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture. Jimin's touch made the room warmer somehow, the morning a little less bleak. 

Yoongi found his eyes moving curiously to study Jimin's expression, breath falling short once he noticed the slight fluster in the younger male's cheeks. 

Jimin couldn't right?

There was no way he could like Yoongi... right?

Yoongi couldn't find his voice. Instead he felt all warm inside and his stomach was heavy. As Jimin moved in closer his heart pounded in his throat, threatening to break out. His eyes wandered around the room, anywhere but Jimin. How and when the fuck did it become this way?

The close proximity had been driving Jimin insane, and because Yoongi wasn't shying away he took it as a cue to move in closer, slowly turning Yoongi's body towards him...

but boy was he wrong.

Yoongi's body numbed as Jimin's eyes met with his own and the blond became painfully conscious of the position they were in. Yes, Yoongi was flustered, and yes he felt that magical pull drawing him closer to the other male... but no, he didn't act on it.