eight

{How to be a charmer}

Jungkook moved along with the thick crowd of the city's morning commuters. Being taller then most he could see the bright shops signs above, the buildings orienting him as he walked forwards. The city listened to his paced footsteps, the clicking of his shoes against the pavements as he moved, eyes momentarily flickering over to the buildings beside him where he saw the windows reflect the glow of the morning sun. It empathised his frustrated groan as he pushed past the crowd of strangers, tired already after waking up so early. 

Beside him, Taehyung strolled along with a bit of a skip in his step. The blue haired male held tightly onto the straps of his backpack, a result of his skateboard balancing between his bag and his back. A clever way to carry it. However, the sides of the board would sometimes bump against strangers, causing Taehyung to be frequently jostled, but he didn't seem to mind. 

"Been around this area?" Taehyung piped up, leading Jungkook in no specific direction, more so just covering the general area around the tattoo parlour. 

Sliding his hands into the pockets of his oversized black hoodie, Jungkook shook his head, "I don't live on this side of the city... I just came around for your tattoo store."

Taehyung rose a brow, "So you're living alone I'm guessing?"

"Yep, alone since 16."

Taehyung's whole face lit up, "Woah same!"

Jungkook frowned, falling pokerfaced at Taehyung's unexpected response, "Really?" Jungkook couldn't help but feel curious as to how such a bright spirited male had been left on his own from such a young age. He swallowed thickly, lidded eyes locking with Taehyung's, "What's your story?"

Jungkook watched as Taehyung's shoulders slightly slumped, grip on his backpack loosening in the slightest as sadness clouded his features, "Lets just say my family wasn't the most accepting type." he began, eyes falling to the pavement, "It's okay though... Hoseok found me." he spoke, the smallest of smiles tugging at his lips. 

Jungkook studied Taehyung's expression, "Not Namjoon?"

Taehyung sighed, "Well, of course Hobi would've found me. I was actually-"

Crackling sounded through both Taehyung and Jungkook's earpiece, cutting the males short of their conversation as they both brought a hand to their ear, listening closely to the voice breaking through. 

"Guys I've got movement in the back alleyway outside the store across the street." Hoseok sounded through the earpiece, still located back at the mansion as he glued himself to the computers, "The surveillance is shit though, so I've only got a blurred image."

Taehyung's mouth was set in a hard line, "We can check it out-"

"Wait... they're heading out from the alleyway." Hoseok added, cutting off Taehyung's words. 

Eyes darting to the alleyway across the streets, the two males hid themselves against the people in the crowd. Jungkook was quick to lift his hands to his hoodie, wrapping his lengthy fingers around the material as he hurriedly pulled the hood over his head, concealing himself incase the shady people were in fact Jeons. From beside him, Taehyung could sense the younger's slight unease. 

From the pavement, the two males watched as a black Porsche rolled up to the side of the curb across the street. The windows were heavily tinted, no way for the males to take note of the driver's identity whilst the car was parked. 

Narrowing his eyes, Taehyung watched as three figures emerged from the said alleyway. They strolled out in a group, heads held high and confidence practically radiating from their forms. The two up front were men dressed neatly in suits and ties, behind them was surprisingly a single lady. Her heels clicked against the pavement at her feet, hands momentarily fidgeting with the hem of her skirt as she kept the short length from revealing anything. Her blonde hair was gently curled and styled to perfection, makeup giving her skin a gorgeous glow as she emerged from the shadowed alleyway into the sun.