Chapter 39

Emilia Ellis

There was a knock at the door and I stood up. It was Chase, he peeped inside. His hair was styled up back.

"Are you done?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Can I come in?"

"Of course." I said and then he walked in. He was wearing a white button up shirt and dark pants and indoor slippers. I have finally purchase an indoor slippers for him as well.

"How was it?" He asked as he pulled me for a hug.

"Could have been better." I said hugging him back. He smelled delicious. Mint, shower gel and him. Chase. He has a masculine scent.

He rubbed my back, gently. "It's okay, things may be tough sometime.. it will get better. I promise." He reassured.

"I hope so.."

"It will be..."

I heard barking and followed by opening of the door and Buttercup came running to me and I bend down to pat her gently.

"How have you been?" I asked and she responded with a bark and wagged her tail at me.

"Are you ready to go?" Daniel asked.

"Yes." I said. "Did you tell mom that Buttercup is coming as well?"

"Yes, she said as long as Buttercup doesn't break anything at home. She's fine with that."

"How about Dad?" I asked.

"He's fine with it." Daniel said. "Now, let's go."

"How are we going?" I asked.

"I can drive." Chase said. "The house is like down the street."

"Good." Daniel said picking up Buttercup. "Let's dress you, up." And Buttercup barked.

I think he's fond of Buttercup.She is with him most of the time.

"Do I look fine?" He asked. "I'm much more nervous now.. since I'm your boyfriend and it's like you are taking me to your parents place to meet them."

"You will be just fine and I think my Dad is fond of you." I said adjusting his bow tie a little. He looks cute with bow tie.

"I hope so..." he said. "It would be upsetting if they approve of our relationship."

"They were more than happy to see the brooch you give me."

He give me a peck. "I hope they will like me."

"I know they will." I reassured.

Daniel sat behind with Buttercup. Since, the house was just down the street, it hardly took us few minutes.

Mom welcomes Chase with excitement.

"Mrs.Ellis." Chase greeted her and give her the flowers that he bought for her.

"Always so thoughtful." She smiled at him and looked at Daniel and I.

"Hello, Mom." Daniel greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. "Meet Buttercup." And just then buttercup barked.

"Look at this tiny little beauty." Mom looked at Buttercup with fascination. "She's beautiful."

"Hello, Mom." I greeted her.

"Emilia." Mom smiled. "You are glowing, honey."

Daniel coughed and smirked at me and I glared at him from the corner of my eyes.