Chapter 16

Emilia Ellis

Chase was only able to explain what he saw and I was not willing to share any more details. I am exhausted from the incidents. I still have meetings to attend.

"We will talk about this later." I said to Jace. "I have a meeting to attend." I looked at Chase and thank him, again.

"Please take care." He said.

"I will." I said.

I attended the meeting trying very hard to concentrate. It was manageable, I touch my injured back lightly and winced at the pain. I think I should get it check, ASAP. I called our family doctor and asked if I can see her at office, now.

She was more than willing to schedule one. Jace wanted to question me about my sudden request to stop at Dr. Finch , but kept his mouth shut.

"Oh my..." Dr. Finch said as I pulled up my shirt. "There's a big bruise on your back." She said as she examined me. She suggested next time to immediately use icepack and she handed one to me. She suggested some cream for my back and painkiller, just in case I need them.She told me to make sure I use ice pack and rest my back.

When I reached home, Jace followed me inside. I passed my briefcase to Zara and changed my shoes.

"Ms.Ellis." Jace started. I was kind of glad Daniel was out of town for business.

"Yes, Jace." I said.

"I don't want to cross any lines, but could you please tell me what is going on."

I looked at him. "Leslie had an incident back in the take out place and I confronted that guy.."

He took a sharp breath. "Master Daniel will not be happy to hear this. You, confronting with a stranger." I rolled my eyes.

"He doesn't need to know anything about that."

"It's my duty to report to him." He said.

"And get both of us into trouble? No, thank you." I said..

"I will resign if I have to, but I will report to him and take the consequences."

"You did no wrong." I said snapping at him. I was upset now. "You were just following my order and not everyone have the privilege to have a body guard and I know that.. some people have to stand up for themselves in the world."

"I still have to report to him."

"By all means." I said, I was too tired to argue with him. Sometime, I feel powerless when it comes to my brothers. I don't like when the staffs report every single things that I do. I'm not a child that need constant watch and reporting to. I was frustrated, now.

Chase walked in, very casually at my place.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking at him. He showed me take out bags.

"I thought to give you some company." He said.

"I'm fine." I said walking inside the living room. He followed behind me.

"I know, I wanted to have dinner with you though."

"I'm not in a mood for social talks."

"We don't have to talk. We can just eat."

"I'm going to take a shower." I said.

"I'll wait here for you." He said as he called out. I took a hot long shower. I wore a loose shirt and flannel pant and dried my hair. He was sitting in the living room playing with his phone.