𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

*flashback*

eddie folded his clothes and added them to the different piles of clothing. he hummed to the music that was playing on the radio, as he finished up the last few shorts and tops.

his mother forced him to stay inside for the whole spring break, but he did have his ways to have fun. richie did sneak over by tapping on his window, allowing eddie to open it for him to enter.

today richie had a plan to sneak him out. eddie tucked flattened the stacks of clothes, he walked over to the drawers and tucked them in. he heard the quiet tapping and immediately opened it.

"spaghetti! how lovely is it for you to see me!" eddie cursed and slapped richie's hand away from his cheek.

"i change my mind, you can leave." eddie joked, richie pretended to feel pain in his heart and gasps.

"that is no way to talk to the love of your life." he wiped his fake tears and eddie giggled, closing the open drawers.

"what do you have in store for me trashmouth?" he raised his eyebrows and crossed his arm.

"come find out." richie winked. "now lets go before your mom sees me. she'll want a round tw-"

"gross, lets go." he shooed him back towards the window.

richie successfully land on his feet from the high jump. as he was turning to look at eddie, the boy in the window hesitated and fell. "richie!" eddie screamed, richie tried to catch eddie, but it ended up with both of them on the floor.

"eds! are you okay?!" richie cupped his cheeks, eddie nodded and looked at his bleeding knee. the front door busted open to reveal sonia in a night gown with curlers in her hair.

richie cursed under his breathe and tried helping eddie get up.

"my eddie bear!" she cried running to him with open arms. he was embraced with a hug he couldn't breathe from. she examined eddie's face and body for any injuries. sonia gasped when she saw his right knee.

he tried pushing her off and repeatedly said he was fine. "edward we need to take you to the hospital right now! get in the car!" she sobbed and ran into the house for her keys.

"are you actually going to go?" richie questioned. eddie faced richie and shook his head no.

"yes you are edward." sonia said locking the front door.

"ma i just want to have fun, i can easily clean this. please just let me-"

"get into the car and get this boy off my lawn!" she roared, eddie flinched and his cheeks turned into a light shade of pink, he was embarrassed.

"i'm sorry ma." sonia huffed and nodded.

eddie grinned, intertwined his hands with richie's and ran. it caught the boy off guard, he stumbled, but he continued at eddie's pace. richie didn't want to go any faster than the limping boy he held hands with.

they stopped running after a block to catch their breathe.

throughout the first semester of being a freshman, these boys had become inseparable. no matter how many times sonia had told eddie to ignore richie, they found ways to be together.

eddie didn't feel guilty, he felt free. they couldn't hear sonia's yelling anymore, they lost her.

"so where were you going to take me?" richie squeezed his hand and pulled him closer to his side.