Chapter 4: An Old Friend

Start from the beginning

Suzaku said, "It's been a long time, Nunnally.".

Soon enough we were all sitting at the table eating dinner.

Nunnally asked, "So, tell me you will stay the night, won't you?".

Lelouch said, "Suzaku's enrolled as a student at Ashford Academy now. So you can see him anytime you want to.".

Nunnally asked, "Is that true?".

Suzaku said, "Well, I still have military duties, so I can't be here every day.".

Nunnally caringly asked, "Oh, you're... you're still in the military?".

Suzaku said, "Don't worry. I've been reassigned to the Engineering Corps. It's a lot less dangerous.".

I said, "How cool. Engineering, huh.".

Lelouch got up to get us some more tea and Suzaku stood up and said, "Oh, let me help you.".

Lelouch gestured for Suzaku to sit down.

Lelouch said, "You just sit down. Unlike seven years ago we get to be your hosts now.".

Suzaku smiled.

I said, "It's funny. You're a lot more mellow than you used to be.".

Suzaku said, "And you two are a bit rougher.".

Lelouch chuckled a little and said, "I suppose." and Lelouch walked out.

After dinner, Lelouch and I walked Suzaku to the door.

Lelouch said, "You should come by again. Nunnally would enjoy it.".

Suzaku said, "Sure. But...".

We looked at Suzaku curiously.

Suzaku said, "Lelouch, Elizabeth, I... I don't think we should be seen together at school.".

I asked, "What do you mean?".

Suzaku said, "Think, how would you explain it. Being friends with an Honorary Britannian? You both have to guard your secret. No one can know your both royalty.".

Lelouch said, "Ah.".

Suzaku said, "And the same goes for Nunnally. I don't wanna cause you any trouble.".

Lelouch angrily said, "Doing it again, huh? Everyone's needs but your own!" and I slapped him upside the head and said, "Be nice, Lelouch.".

Suzaku asked, "Again?".

Lelouch rubbed the back of his head and said, "Forget it.".

Suzaku said, "Eh, thanks for having me. It was a lot of fun. I'll uh, see you two later.".

I smiled and said, "Right.".

Suzaku said, "I'm so glad, you know?".

Lelouch said, "Huh?".

Suzaku said, "I never thought we'd get another chance to talk like this.".

The Next Day*

I received a phone call from Ohgi and was currently taking it in the hallway.

Ohgi said, "It hasn't made news yet, but the Blood of the Samurai faction was wiped out by Cornelia. They were the largest group we had in central Japan. Look, One. It won't be long until she comes after us.".

I said, "Just keep your head, Ohgi. Our chance will come soon.".

Ohgi said, "But...".

I said, "Sit tight. We'll contact you later, Ohgi.".