Chapter 15

"Hello, child." An echoing voice greets me.

     Oh, yeah. I don't immediately go into a new life, I get to see the old one for a few days after they die. It's kind of nice sometimes. I get to see how I impacted others. This time, I have a feeling it won't be as pleasant.

     "Hello again."

     "How do you continue to find them but never tell them?"

     I gasp. In my original life, I had a group of friends who would always hang out with me. One day, we ran into a witch who was not in a good mood. She cursed us to this life. "I met them again?! Ugh! I had no idea! Who were they?!"

     "Well, they died right next to you. I'd assumed you had guessed that at least one of them was with you." They deadpan.

     "Oh my gosh. Look, this is easier said then done. Remember in my second life when I told someone about this? I was almost sent to an insane asylum!" I groan.

     "Sometimes it's better to take a chance. I want you all out of here as much as you want out, too. I have to go talk to the others, enjoy watching what happens though!" And with that, I'm alone.

     This isn't like a 'condition' that people usually have, no, it's only something you get if you're stupid, like us. I hope that witch has paid for what she did. I also hope someone's taking care of our bodies. I don't even remember what I looked like before...I don't know my name, either.

     "Sir, did you see what happened?" A police officer asks Harry.

     "Last I saw Deline was inside. We were talking about my friend and then I went to the washroom. Then I heard screaming and she was dead with those other girls." He explains, staring off. "Why does every girl I try to become friends with die?"

     "I'm sorry, sir. If you ever need help, call this number. Have a good day." The officer hands him a small paper and walks away.

     It looks like a horrible accident. They already moved our bodies away and chalk outlines replaced them. There are dried pools of blood under the lines, providing a reminder of what happened there.

     Carissa's house looks empty, too. I don't blame them. Their eldest daughter just died. Even if she wasn't really their daughter. I can't imagine how hurt they must be.

      "Hey, voice! How long do I have to watch this?" I shiver as I glance back at the scene. I don't like this. "Hello?!"

     "Calm down, you're not the only one cursed here. What's wrong?" The voice asks, getting louder as I assume it gets closer.

     "I don't want to watch this." I motion to the mess and the voice sighs. "I can't help you. I don't decide when the next life is ready. That's out of my control, but you don't have to watch it."

     "What else would I do?"

     "Think. Come up with a plan to find the others. They're just as upset as you. The curly haired one and the really long haired one from this life..."

     "Carissa and Lauren?"

     "Yeah, they both knew each other were cursed and were looking for the rest of you. Sucks that you guys were right under their noses." The voice laments, seeming amused. "Well, I gotta go! Have fun!"

     And I'm left in the darkness once more.